Center of gravity height

Citron

Has anyone, or does anyone have the ability to, measure the center of gravity height for a stock wd21? The calculator for the 3 link for a SAS ask for this number, and I would rather have the exact number instead of estimating based on centerline of the engine.

http://www.longacreracing.com/technical-articles.aspx?item=42586

There is a how to, but I don't have access to anyway to measure the weight while the car is jacked up. Also, from what I have read, putting blocks in place of the shocks is unnecessary for our purposes.

I could figure out roll center by measuring suspension stuff, but calculating the center of gravity from scratch would be pretty difficult. I would try some google searching, I'm sure the info is out there somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't find anything. It is not something manufacturers publish. I found some for hot rods, Camaros and such, bit nothing for a pathy.

The only thing I can think of involves a massive rotisserie and some 2x4s and would almost certainly end in tears. :shrug:

I'd talk to guys who've done the conversion. Either they worked this out for themselves or they found an easier way. You could also just come up with a few estimates, maybe one higher than you think and one lower, plug both in, and see if the calculator output changes enough that a few inches one way or the other would present a problem.

Yeah, I am reading through Steevo's post on rugged rocks. He gives some solid measurements. Someone suggested checking that out last week, but I was sick when I posted the question and my brain wasn't functioning. Totally forgot until today.

I am probably over thinking this, I am a bit of a perfectionist, drives my wife nuts. Especially when I was remodeling houses or building furniture, she wanted it done and I wanted it perfect.

Your probably right, an estimate would be close enough.