My 2006 Nissan Pathfinder is squirting Antifreeze from the overflow container!

Archos1

Sorry for the long story, however, I feel I need to explain the entire story to get to the issue.

About a month ago I parked my beloved 2006 Pathfinder in a empty parking lot so my daughter and I can grab something to eat in a local pizza place. When we returned there was a "pond" of anti-freeze under the passenger side tire. I popped the hood to find that the top plastic mount that holds two hoses mounted to the passenger side firewall (I think its the rear heater hose assembly?) had broken and caused the massive exodus of anti-freeze. My friend and I were lucky to find replacement parts and fixed the problem the next day.

The truck seemed to be working fine, outside of a throttle position code that refuses to go away (I will leave that for a different post).

Anyway, about a week later I was headed out when I heard bubbling sounds coming from the engine area and steam coming from the same area I repaired. I figured the part had failed again. When I popped the hood I saw that the overflow relief was spewing out antifreeze again and there was no pressure in any of the hoses. I refilled the the radiator and took the truck home. Its been pretty cold here in Atlanta and and since then the heat has worked just fine. I don't drive this truck often but use it every now and then. I kept tabs on it over the last couple of weeks and noticed that it would drip antifreeze but the temp gauge never moved. I would have to top off the the radiator with antifreeze, but it wasn't squirting out like before. Yesterday was the first hot day (80 degrees) so I ran the AC. While I was idling, I noticed my temp gauge going up and smelled antifreeze. I turned off the car and there it was.. a pool of antifreeze again squirting out of the overflow! I have been told that it could be anything from a bad thermostat, defective clutch fan, to a bad head gasket (but I have heat). Does anyone know what this could be off hand? I replaced the radiator about 4 years ago because of the antifreeze in the Trans recall and it has been fine until recently. I have checked to see if there was antifreeze in the oil... there was nothing. I love my Pathfinder and refuse to get rid of it. Its a 06 LE 2x4 with 153000+ miles on it.

In addition to the above, the thermostat would be worth looking at. I had one stick on a vehicle years ago. The temp gauge pegged high and shot water out of the reservoir onto the front passenger side brakes. That was a really fun stop.