"Twankies" and tow package

*Night_Ryda*

Well (newbie) oilman, all in good fun, I have to point out that my Pathy, as many others, came with chromies from the factory... I run BFG AT 31x10.5" which aren't wild tires, but generally all around capable. Why ? They came with the truck and have %70 tread left. I have JGC springs, T-bars cranked and am perfectly off road capable, regardless of the chrome. As a matter of fact, every 4x4 I have had for 15 years has had chrome rims. Why ?? Because they came that way, and $ was better spent on other things for the truck. While I'm not a off road monster like some people, I don't think "NOOB" really applies either. You know, things like month long, 2500 mile ventures into Baja solo... Um, yeah... Kinda silly statement that is, eh ? And yes, I agree, if and when I buy rims, the black rock crawlers 15x7" is what I want.

Bernard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why yall pickin on this guy and his dubs?

i think its a great idea, off road tires, and on road tires.

I have two sets of tires and rims on my pathy, 33s for off road, and 31's for daily drivin.

Thank you for actually supporting me. I was beginning to think that all you guys would have me burn at the stake :hide: for wanting some flashy rims. Also thank you for the info on the wheel fitment and your advice on towing. A tranny cooler was already one of the things I have on my list of installs before getting registered.

Night Ryda,

Here's an idea. With a 3" body lift and a 3" suspension lift, you can fit 33" tires on your ride. BF Goodrich makes their Mud Terrains in 285/70R17, which is the metric equivalent of a 33" tire.

I bet the ladies will holla just as loud for a rugged set of tires on really agressive 17" chrome rims like the ones Pro Comp makes as they would for a truck with dubs and street tires. Plus you won't look like every other SUV rollin' the strip. Maybe get your friends rims and tires then sell 'em to raise the money while he's not looking.

Yep, you read my mind. What you said is pretty much what I had in mind for my pathy (A rugged/street look) until I was offered my friends set of Silverado rims, then I thought hey why spend so much on all that when I can have these for free? So I decided to go this rought instead. And besides that Oilman is more then right, with only one set of rims/tires like that I might be lookin good on the street but I'll be getting laughed off the trails. Not to mention that I really would have them rock rashed in no time.

Plus you won't look like every other SUV rollin' the strip. Maybe get your friends rims and tires then sell 'em to raise the money while he's not looking.

I don't have to worry about looking like every other SUV on the strip around here. Winnipeg is a fairly pov city (probably the thriftiest city in all of North America) your pretty much ballin around here so long as you've got some fuzzy dice hanging form your rear view. :laugh::P As far as back stabbing my friend like that goes, the thought never even crossed my mind. I would honestly sooner stab myself before I would think of doing something like that...

20's are..um....no.

I have a set of 15x8 Chevy 6 lug rims on my Pathy, with 31/10.5/15's..and a set of 245/70/15's...work great.

So you didn't have to modify the rims in any way to get them to fit?

BTW what’s wrong with slapping on some 20's to go Sunday night cruzen?

It may not be your cup of tea but I love to head out on Sunday nights and cruze the strip rollin on 20+ inches of glistening chrome. There's no doubt about it, flashy rims get's the girls’ attention every time. Although your probably not all the interested in picking chicks up since you are one. :P Don't get me wrong here I love getting out on those trails and mudding it up too! As for myself I like the off roading look better, but unfortunately it’s not so fly with the ladies.

:aok: Well.. I like my vehicles umm.. "ugly". Not.. UGLY UGLY.. but mean ugly. Just me.

No mods to fit the 15x8's... 31" tires. (I had already taken the sawzall to one fender...)

I guess, because I have an inherit HATE of spinners, and I live in California..which means I see shiny chrome wherever I drive.... and I had beautiful chrome on my S-10..and do not miss cleaning it..I'm a little biased..LOL.

I would LOVE to see the pics when you do put on some 20's...mebbe you could convince me it is schweeeet lookin??? Never seen a Pathy on shiny 20's... sssh

I am not much into the cruising scene I must admit. I do like watching the ones who are.. kinda takes me back to my days cruising with friends. :gossip:

and, if I didn't have a bf...then my Pathy (my Jeep was too) could be considered a d!ck magnet...

Good luck in your endeavors.. and do what YOU want to do to your Pathy! :beer:

I guess, because I have an inherit HATE of spinners, and I live in California..which means I see shiny chrome wherever I drive.... and I had beautiful chrome on my S-10..and do not miss cleaning it..I'm a little biased..LOL.

No kidding, everywhere you look you see chrome in Cali. I'v seen POS geo's and really old Civics running huge chrome wheels. I'v got a great pic on my cell of a little suzuki or geo (I don't remember which) super compact suv with huge chrome rims, I was laughing for days after I saw it, it even had a matching huge chrome spare. Of course I live in a rural area so I see just as many lifted super buff 4x4's too (mostly Yota trucks and 4Runners).

As far as back stabbing my friend like that goes, the thought never even crossed my mind. I would honestly sooner stab myself before I would think of doing something like that...

Oh, wait, wait, wait...that was meant in jest, kinda tongue-in-cheek. I would never do that shady @!*%e to a friend either. I did not intend to besmirch your honor, my good man, just goofin'.

BTW, definatetly post pics once you get the dubs fitted.

Thank you for clarifying that.

BTW, definitely post pics once you get the dubs fitted.

That’s a definite will do, but first I need to treat you all with current pics of my smashed pathy. :P It seems I'll have to wait till this weekend for that though.

Hey NR, when I comes to smashed Pathys, I have a LOT of recent ecperience. With the front end anyway... I'm just on the finishing cosmetic details now, but let me know if you have any Q's, I may be able to help...

B

Really? That’s great! all my damage in the front end. I'll probably have quite a few things to ask you this upcoming month as I get started on fixing up my truck. That is of course if you don't mind.

LOL man, thats why I offered ! Between heckling one another, leaping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running off at the mouth, going overboard, getting carried away (we get a lot of exercise) and belittling Sheeps we generally do that 'helping each other' thing here, as long as it doesn't interfere with the afore mentioned. :P While I'm not THE expert, I can be clever at times and am more than willing to help. PM me anytime ! The name is

Bernard

Really? That’s great! all my damage in the front end. I'll probably have quite a few things to ask you this upcoming month as I get started on fixing up my truck. That is of course if you don't mind.

I'm kinda in the same boat... My wife wrecked "our" pathy by hitting a ford pickup in the arse... One of those situations where the light turned green everybody started going. Then some dumba$$ 3 cars up slams on the brakes real quick to make a right turn. The guy in front of her about hit the guy turning, but she did hit the guy in the ford... It was totally her fault as far as cops would've seen it, but the guy in the phord said he was ok and his truck was ok... "She told me he looked stoned and was probly not in the mood to talk to any cops..." We got alot of minor damage. Thankfully it was nuthing mechanial. I could hear her comming down the road from about a block away because the tire was rubbing the fender BAD...

I cut off some of the flare, and took a 2x4 to the bent in fender... A little prying with a 2x4 works great for getting the sheetmetal back where it's suppose to go... I took the bumper off so I could beat it back strait and get the major dents out... Worse thing about is the a/c condensor is pushed back and the headlight mounts are busted...

I put it all back togather and it looks like it been wrecked, but it looks a lot better than it did look... B)

I plan on getting a different 95 pathy that's the same as the one I have now... I like the one I have now, but it's got some problems with the doors and stuff from being wrecked bad by a prev. owner... I want a fresh slate to work from, and there are a good deal of pathys around here for sale...

Edited by TrailChaser

precise1

sorry I wasn't trying to include factory rims in my comment about chromes.

thats where I started.

what I meant was the look of a new flashy set of AFTERMARKET chromes, and aggressive offroad tires. just looks silly.

Ive known several guys who run large "quiet giants" on chromes rimms on the street, but then have a set of off road tires on different rims.

and for what its worth, my current off road tires are mounted of chevy factory alloy rims, cause they were free, while my on roads are mounted on my old black steelies that were too narrow to fit my 33x12.5s.

hope this clarifyies things

Np oilman, I do understand, and probably did from the start, but I thought your "Chromies=NOOB" statement was a little to broad and not thought out very well. I totally agree with "rediculous chromies" being used off road, and using what is or cheap options, not to mention separate tire sets ! Like I said, if I was to buy rims for my truck, they would be $50 black rock crawlers... Sorry if I went overboard... Personally, I hate chrome, PERIOD !

B

Edited by Precise1

Yeah I totally don't see why people blow the money for those $300+ apiece wheels (like Weld and stuff)... they look cool and all but they don't really fit the part. =) I don't see why EVERYONE doesn't have black rockcrawlers. =)

and for what its worth, my current off road tires are mounted of chevy factory alloy rims, cause they were free, while my on roads are mounted on my old black steelies that were too narrow to fit my 33x12.5s.

Hey Oilman, I've got a couple questions for ya. What model and year did you get your Chevy rims from? I ask because a friend of a friend of mine can set me up with a set of BFG M/T's in 33x12.5 but I don't want to spend a whole lot on after market rims for them. and the second most important question is, what would I have to do to my pathy to fit some 33x12.5's I know 33x10.5 fits fine but I'm sure I'll start running into problems with rubbing if I opt for the wider tires. Is a JGC coils and torsion bar lift enough to get the job done? If not then what and how much of what do I need to do to fit these bad boys?

Hey NR, I know you were asking oilman, and maybe he has a different reply, but you will have to do a 3" BL, 3" susp lift and maybe some fender hacking depending on the backspacing of the rims... It is not going to come easy... Word of advice... Most all of this has been covered MANY times... Use the search function and read. There is a wealth of information at this site, you just have to look it up.

B

Well, a 3" body lift is a little more then I was planning for my pathy. How about some 32X 11.5's? Can I get away with a set of those on a JGC lift?

BTW I need to correct myself on my last post. When I said

I know 33x10.5 fits fine
I really ment to say 31X10.5's

I shouldn't have said 17" chrome rims, what I meant was these.

17X9 6-5.5" Bolt Pattern 5" Back Spacing. I'm not 100% on the fitment, but I'm sure somebody could figure it out. Just imagine these hoops wraped with 17" BFG mud terrains. Schweet. $158 ea. at 4wheelparts.com.

Edited by jj big shoe

maybe we could have a NPORA version of "Pimp My Ride"??????

Sounds Great!!!! :D:aok: I'll be the kid with the busted "hoopty" and all you NPORA Vets can "Pimp My Ride" with $20,000+ in goodies..

Now who's going to step up and bank roll this little project? :confused: :lol:

Those look awesome Big Shoe, but I was just at the BFG site and the smallest they make the M/T's in a 17" is a 285/70/17". I'm not sure if these will fit any better then the 33x12.5's that Precise1 just informed me wont mount up with out a 3" body lift. :sniff:

maybe we could have a NPORA version of "Pimp My Ride"??????

Sounds Great!!!! :D:aok: I'll be the kid with the busted "hoopty" and all you NPORA Vets can "Pimp My Ride" with $20,000+ in goodies..

Now who's going to step up and bank roll this little project? :confused: :lol:

think we need to open our own charity for this project.. and.. BTW.. ME FIRST!!! me..me..meeeeeeeeeeeeeee firssssssssssssssssst..puhleeeeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!! :(