engine rebuild??

i have a 93 Pathfinder, which i would marry if i could, and i'm jsut wondering general info about engine rebuilds. my truck has 248000 Km, runs perfect, i'm just wonderin when you know if you should rebuild it or look into things like that, to increase hp? torque? any knowlege on the subject would be apreciated.

At 250,000km you should have an easy 100,000km left on the motor if has and will be maintained and driven properly. You know you need a new motor when the power fades (worse), it burns oil, is hard to start, or starts knocking... Thats a good time to look into power mods like headers, cams, etc. I think you'll be fine for a while though.

Bernard

I only partially agree with JJ Big Shoe. I have rebuilt VG 30E motors. The rebuild kits are expensive and do not come with all of the parts required. Performance cams and port and polishing will cost a signifcant amount for these VG motors. There just is not enough people building aftermarket parts for them. Remember the VG30E is 10 years old. If money is no object or you have a source then go ahead.

Your current motor has still got plenty of miles in it. Check the compression. If all of the cylinders are within 20% of factory spec and all within 10% of each other then forgetaboutit. The VG30 motor is very strong. The lower end has a strong cast girdle and except for losing oil the crank should last forever. A blown motor does not usually even need to be line bored. The cylinders do wear, but hang on to good compression until the very end.

While do not know of any cases a well maintained low stressed VG30 should go around 1,000,000 miles. Add in some mild stress and then I drop that to 500,000 miles. Add the stress that 88pathfinder puts on his motor and I would guess maybe to the end of his driveway. :laugh:

While do not know of any cases a well maintained low stressed VG30 should go around 1,000,000 miles. Add in some mild stress and then I drop that to 500,000 miles. Add the stress that 88pathfinder puts on his motor and I would guess maybe to the end of his driveway. :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHA.............. ROLMAO! (sorry 88) :D:dance: