couple quick questions from a new guy

PsychoPath

Hi Everyone, I joined the other day. Bought a 96 a few months ago and started digging into little projects on it recently. Does Nissan or anyone else make the real factory shop manuals available? I hate Haynes, they are all but worthless, and I haven't gotten a Chilton for it yet, but my experience with them is only marginally better. I'm also in the middle of a crummy experience with Automotive Customizers. Any recommendations on where to get aftermarket parts besides them?

This seems like a great forum and I'm excited to be in on it with other Pathfinder enthusiasts. Thanks for any info.

Yeah man, I feel like R50s get a poor rap. To be honest, the more research I do I'm starting to lean towards keeping it stock and buying something else as my trail rig. As it is, this is my daily driver anyway. It's a great truck, but your options are very limited when it comes to mods and getting it a little higher off the ground. We'll see, but an older Pathfinder or hardbody is starting to look pretty good.

Another reason is Maine's stupid inspection laws. It's pretty hard to have a street legal truck that you can do much with off road. The current law bars you from doing a thing to any vehicle with ABS, so if I even touch my suspension I can't sticker it.

• 1 month later...