Strut tower

IMG_0408_zps8mqpwfey.jpg

Do I have my strut tower aligned right because someone told me on the forums that the little notch should be facing the wheel and every other strut I have seen on other pathfinders have the notch facing the body. When turning my wheel it makes kind of a bowing noise and kind of creaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 97Pathfinderman

The V notch on the top spring seat must be aligned with the V notch on the bottom spring seat (on the strut).

See this pic:

https://xplorx4.shutterfly.com/269

So do I have mine backwards? Because I think my struts are a little different than yours. All mine has is the small engraved v looking notch on the top perch.

Yes yours are backwards. If your strut doesn't have a V notch on the back side of the spring pan, then line up the V notch on the top mount with the back side of the strut.

Yes yours are backwards. If your strut doesn't have a V notch on the back side of the spring pan, then line up the V notch on the top mount with the back side of the strut.

Ok thanks a lot I will correct my mistake this weekend!!

Were you able to rotate the strut tower hat without unbolting the assembly???

No it had to come out. The springs are just too powerful. Its not that bad of a job though just take them out and use spring compressors to compress the spring and then rotate the spring. Took me about 3 hours total and i'm a slow worker.