Price my ride

Thinking of selling my '98 SE. I know I won't get close to what I have in it but just looking for input on what I should ask for it. My signature has all the upgrades. Meticulously maintained. I had the transmission rebuilt two years ago. Recovered front seats. Paint is decent, a few dings but nothing major. Tires are new, maybe 2,000 miles. Runs like a clock, better than new. I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Looks clean. Got more shots of the engine bay and interior?

I priced it at KBB using "excellent" condition with many options selected, and got about $2600, so I'd guess that $3K is about the max you could hope for. I probably wouldn't settle for less than $2500.

I'm curious about your e-fan. Did it replace or supplement the belt-driven fan?

Those seats look brand-new. Where'd you get them redone, and how much did that cost?

Also, why are you selling it?

Looks to be in really good condition. Nice ride overall!

In all honesty, though, prices with accessories included are far too subjective. I'd suggest you look into the prices between KBB, NADA, and Edmunds (there can be quite a variation) and determine if you're comfortable with those prices, because that's what Joe Buyer is going to try bargaining at. You can try to recoup money for the add-ons you've got, but it can be a tough sell if the buyer just doesn't want all of them.

And because of that, I would re-think what you can pull off and sell separately. The rack, Hi-Lift, brush guard, and lights are easy sells.

Also gotta factor in age of some things...those tires and wheels look pretty awesome...you could put stockers on them and resell those easily. Hell, even do a cash+swap with a local and get some of your money back that way, and get stockers to sell with the vehicle. Same with the Optima...if it's still pretty new or you have another vehicle to put it in, I'd just go buy a cheap battery and swap that in.

Otherwise...still price the truck, add some amount of money that you think the parts are still worth on a used market, list it as such, and be relatively firm about the price.

When I had my Jeep and was ready to trade it in, that's what I did...pulled off a bunch of parts and sold them for almost what I paid (actually made money on some parts). I just left on the things that would require more effort than worth, like the lift and tires. All other accessories (including some that came with the truck new), got sold off and I still got a good trade-in price.

Not that big of a project!

Love the pathy, it's gotten me out of places I never should have been. I've had jeep guys tell me they can't believe I took a Pathfinder on some trails. Only gripe is every day power, climbing a long freeway hill and getting passed by a smart car sucks.

• Like 1

A V8 swap would solve those problems, but not the arrogance and elitism of some Jeepers. Just remind them that your doors stay open on their own, and that you have cargo space.

Not interested in a newer R50 with the 3.5L? While not a V8, it's a definite improvement in other areas. It'd also be a great way to port over your accessories, and basically be a donor for swapping over stock components for reselling this one.

It's a neat clean awesome ride. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

I read V8 swap... Time to bug you guyz again?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

What did you pay to redo those front seats? I have an LE. I also just wanted to say we spotted your truck on google and it's where we are getting some of the ideas for our build. You built a beautiful truck man! Wish I could throw an offer to add it to my driveway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it. I can attest that a 3.5 is powerful enough to get out of its own way for daily driving so you might consider that route.

If not, I'd be interested in some of your accessories (and I know others would be too)

Sent from my nearly dead S6

• 2 months later...