And another starter bites the dust.

SpecialWarr

Well. A remanufactured starter is worth about 2 years of daily driving. I'm just going to b*tch about spending $400 ..... twice. I am headed back up to the cottage where it died last weekend. I dropped it off at a garage across the street from a friend's house Monday night and he lent me his car.... until the truck was ready. And DAMN those boys at the garage are slow.And that was me b*tching.

Now: does anyone has a NOS OEM starter they want to sell me for next time?

Both starters are remanufactured AC Delco. I've been looking around and I haven't seen anything other than the remanufactured ones online. BUT if perhaps someone knows someone else who may have a NOS new one I am willing to drop $700 on it right now if my average is going to be 2 years per starter.

buy a brand new from NAPA they are lifetime warranty and no core charge. I've done this for the starter of my E-superduty 7.3 Powerstroke (it's a turbo diesel with a mechanical fuel pump) i burned 3 brand new starter and they never ask a question lol.... priming can be a pain on those truck and the starter suffer a lot of this.

If I bought a (first quality) remanufactured starter from NAPA and I don't give the core (because I want to rebuilt it) they charge more than a new starter who don't have a core charge... and a lifetime warranty... so it's a no brainer!! :lol:

and.... no I don't sell my good starters lol

Edited by Lemay