The beginning of my build.

We are starting off with the 3.3 just to keep it moving around in the future it will be getting a ls swap . My brother in law is the builder. Right now I'm just holding the wallet. Tires tubes and axles are all ready to go. We need custom centers built next for these axles. Full judo steer and brakes are all ready to go on the axles. We are pushing the front axle fwd and the rear axle rearward so the tires clear wheel wells. This will never be driven down the highways just a play toy.

I wanted to be different than everyone else. I bought this R50 for for$250. It needed valve cover gaskets and a tune up with 160,000 miles. Nobody else rims a R50. The only nissans I ever see at the mud bogs are older pickups. Let alone no nissans ever do freestyle which is the dream. I also figured that being a unibody it is quite strong in Its own right and a full frame is very strong. Combine the 2 and have a ton of strength for landing jumps and hitting hard holes.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

248f3096eb7e01bed8b863ba1c0453bd.jpg8bc86bf0ccaa55fa0af14b905596b659.jpg These are a horrible representation of what will be done but it is the basic idea. The roll cage will be piped through the unidbody and connect to the sub frame giving me a cacoon of strength for safety reasons.

I wanted to be different than everyone else. I bought this R50 for for$250. It needed valve cover gaskets and a tune up with 160,000 miles. Nobody else rims a R50. The only nissans I ever see at the mud bogs are older pickups. Let alone no nissans ever do freestyle which is the dream. I also figured that being a unibody it is quite strong in Its own right and a full frame is very strong. Combine the 2 and have a ton of strength for landing jumps and hitting hard holes.

Totally cool, works for me. I completely applaud the use of the R50 as the platform, too. I was just having a hard to picturing it when the axles are bigger than the truck :D.

And thanks for those pics...don't think I've seen anything like that before. Best of luck!

Full subframes are common on older mustangs to stiffen the unibody for a lot of power. My use won't be so much a power issue as a rough duty jumping and hitting big holes. It will also give us a secure mounting location for the 4 link bars for front and rear as well as a location for the coilovers. We are keeping it low and wide for stability. For right now The vg33 will stay until she gives up the ghost at which point a ls swap will be in her future.

• Like 1