Stupid people!

RF600

I have no idea what people are thinking sometimes.

I'm helping my brother get a different vehicle. I end up finding a Xterra 4x2 with a manual transmission for a good price. The brakes were a bit wonky. I didn't think much about it. I was sure I could repair what needed to make them work properly.

I pull off the drivers side, go to pull the passengers side. I'm looking for the adjuster through the peep hole, and I can't see it. The drum comes off easy. To my surprise there was no adjuster. My thought was who was the DB that touched this thing last.

Aftermarket doesn't sell sell the adjuster separately, neither does Nissan. My local pick and pull had 1 Xterra. Thankfully no one needed the adjuster. Parts cost me $5 and gas probably cost me $10. I still got away fairly cheap.

People are dumb.

What? Didn't he have the 2x4 WD21, or is this a different brother?

Fast forward... Yes, most people are dumb, some more than others...

Maybe it just fell out? :whistle:

Congrats for your bro, I hope he likes it.

B

I actually had a Tahoe on the lift once (2wd one too...) the bad the rear brake lines smashed flat against the rear axle and no wheel cylinders in it period. Some people are a waste of breath...

B this is the same brother that I got the wd21 for. Unfortunatley this wd21 was one of those I should not have purchased.

It poped a front crank seal while my brother was coming home from Petaluma. He was on 37 a couple miles before Mir Mar exit. Not sure on the spelling. The rear main still leaks despite my effort to stop it. I have rigged up the leaking exhaust. I am tired of throwing money and time at it. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with it.

I do feel better that my brother and his family will have a better vehicle. I'm kind of jealous. The Xterra is nice. Not sure how the Xterra 4x4's perform off road compared to the WD21. No I'm not thinking of getting rid of my Pathfinder. My WD21 is one that I hope to get a lot of miles out of. Pathfinder gods willing.

The dumb thing that the PO did to mine was cut the existing wiring loom for the stereo so when I went to install my new stereo I had to undo each damn wire lock that the guy put in there, also a crap load of sticky electric tape he put like ten windings of the stuff in there.

• Like 1

Let's see PO:

Bypassed the reverse light switch to a switch on the dash, with scotch locks.

Cut out the plug for the reverse switch and butt spliced the wires.

Installed the timing belt 1 tooth off.

Put in an equalizer and wired it incorrectly. It does nothing, but all the speakers are wired to it.

But the rear drums were meticulously maintained so thats good. Maybe just not good with electricity.

Found the PO had wired the front spotties in a weird way. They seemed to run out of wire going to the positive terminal, so just jammed a bare wire in between the two wires then of course, wrap it in five feet of electrical tape. That should hold it, yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you will know that I was not particularly impressed with the POs chopping off of the radio harness, using random lengths of home speaker wire. He also decided that 3" of electrical tape and 2 twists were sufficient to re-attach the daytime light module here in the northeast. Not a his most brilliant moment.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk