Adding electronic hatch release to 2001 SE

Guest girlpath

Guest girlpath

Why did Nissan neglect to add an electronic hatch release to these vehicles? Can one be added now? The guy at the dealership said no, because the mechanism doesn't exist in the rear door.

I would use the hatch glass if it was more convenient. But since I have to use the key for the glass, I just lift the whole rear door up after it unlocks.

Thanks!

YEAH I just finished installing a trunk release solenoid in the rear hatch, and I linked it to my aftermarket alarm remote so I can open it with the push of a button, i also have a button installed in the car, but to answer your question yes, you can add an electronic release to the rear hatch, with a trunk release solenoid

ANYTHING can be done with enough effort and $$$!

Sounds like this one was minimal effort and $, according to the Canadian...

You would need to install a solenoid, fabricate the linkage, connect it to the stock linkage, run wires into the hatch, and add a switch (or use an extra channel off an alarm).

I was thinking about trying to retrofit the electronic glass release from a first gen s-10 blazer. The concept it pretty simple just a matter of making it work I believe. I agree with you though, I would use the glass alot more if I could open it without the key

whatever, unibodys are THE SHIZZLE off road... wait, no they arent... Is the 96+ 4Runner unibody or frame rail?

Nissan robbed you R50 guys. My 94 has a push-button electric rear glass release. Was this an aftermarket add-on by the P.O. or something?

And to think, they stole your frames too... :laugh:

Naw Mr.P. As far as I know all the pre-96 Pathy's had the switch. Mine does, as well as any I looked at while finding one to buy.

Once again, you were robbed. :D I'm gonna have to check out my to-be father-in-law's 03 Pathy. But at least that's another source (and a Pathy at that) to pick some parts. I've been thinking about another JY run, so I could take a look if you want. I want a new rear hatch latch, various toys, a driver's seat...

Um, no. Many, but not all. Mine doesn't.

ALRIGHT!!!! Something I have that 88 doesn't!!!! I rock!!!

:cool2:

Sorry 88, couldn't resist. :beer: