hockey puck lift?

jshea

Im the average high school kid, i dont have much money and i want to have a halfway decent pathy. I want to fit 31's and im gonna take off the fender flairs but i want a little more lift just to make sure theres room? Im was going to put one hockey puck on each rear side as a spacer and it should give me about and inch or a little more? how safe is this technique and is it worth it if im putting 31's on? thanks for your help feel free to give me any suggestions im a newbie

I'd say hit you're local junk yards and see if you can find the JGC front coil springs for about $20-$40 you get a 2-3 inch lift for the rear. I got mine for $35 and did the install myself following the instructions at damagedreality.com, and it only took me about 1.5hrs.

Here's the post with pics of my before and after JGC lift.

I had new 31x10.5x15 for about a week before the lift and the tires only rubbed once. That was while pulling a heavy trailer and only when I hit big bumps... I was still hating hearing them bottom out... I can turn both ways to full lock with no rubbing.

You should be able to run 31" no problem... If there is rubbing, do the GJC lift as mentioned and crank/index the T-bars... Maybe new stiff shocks would be nice, but not necessary. I had 31" before I did the above and had no problems.... Also, dont let 88 see you said "flair" instead of "flare" as the latter involves cheap restaurants :P

B

Like has been covered many times before, 31's came stock on many Pathfinders. Some aggressive treads and/or suspension sagging may cause rubbing, but this can easily be cured by mildly cranking the torsion bars and/or trimming the fender flairs. This is my 94 Pathy sitting at stock height on 31" BFG M/T before I started to go nuts on the truck.

post-6-1110095434.jpg

I agree w/Trailchaser. Although hockey pucks would work because i know somebody who has used that high-tech system before but junk yards would be a better and cheaper source for lifts. And you really don't need it if you are planning to use 31's.

Yep, then you'd have another 3" in the rear. Coils = suspension. Body is its own ballgame.

So would the front sit down a little lower? Can you just crank the torsion bars to match?

Also, a little more info......

What year and model JGC?

Estimated time?

Tools needed?