K & N Filter

Guest shalpin

Guest SuperSon
how about a k&n drop in filter. that is what i went with. no worrys about the maf or stability.

Your airflow is still being restricted by that small opening in the factory airbox.

I was thinking of putting a hood scoop on mine but just cant find a universal one small enough that wont make my truck look funny.

K&N cone types are getting harder and harder to get but theres an auto parts store here that carries a few so if any of you guys are interested let me know. Theyre the same exact one as mine except it has an aluminum tip on it and mine is rubber. Just for looks I guess.

kn.jpg

kn1.jpg

Edited by SuperSon

mine is not a K&N but the material is exactly the same and it uses the same K&N cleaning solutions and oil. Works beautifully and the support bracket that came with it was simple to install. When I find the paperwork from where I ordered it from I will post the info here.

One thing that I'm going to try that I have yet to see is have a piece of sheet metal installed, between the maf tubing and where the cone filter connects to, that way it acts like a heat shield and does not suck in engine heat. kind of like this:

post-9-1162707164.jpg

One thing that I'm going to try that I have yet to see is have a piece of sheet metal installed, between the maf tubing and where the cone filter connects to, that way it acts like a heat shield and does not suck in engine heat. kind of like this:

A couple people have something like that. I bought material to make a sheild for mine, just haven't gotten around to builing it.

My line of thought about the heat shield idea is: when in motion the vehicle gets enough airflow from the front, through the engine compartment and out the bottom, so that even at low speeds the hot air or heat generated by the engine's proximity to the air intake is greatly overcome by the incoming cool air moving in through the grille, around the headlights and through all the other front-end openings. I really don't see the need for it unless you'll need a lot of extra power and cool airflow while sitting in 5-o'clock traffic. ;)

I built an adapter plate this weekend for a Cone K&N that I had for my quad ( but wasn't using). Going to put some paint on later today and hopefully take it for a test drive. Am I going to feel a difference from the K&N drop in (stock box)? :hide: