Time to start the project, NEED HELP.

Duffman

Ok, After getting a 6,000 loan from the bank and looking at all the crappy cars I could get Ive decided to keep my Pathy, She has been good to me and I trust her and know what I have with her.

I want a mild lift, 3 or 4"

Tires that can cope with seattle rain, this is still my daily driver.

So far this is my to-do list...and a cost of the to-do's

$482 - New CV axels, boots, w/instalation.

$232 - Broken Manifold bolt extraction.

$460 - Complete service, all fluids, all worn items

$749 - Complete 3" Calmini Suspension lift.

$495 - Borla Exaust

$215 - Headers

$1519 - 265x75R16 BFT All Terrain KO w/American racing Mojave wheels.

Links:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/packages/in...ParentPacID=76#

http://www.purenissan.com/wd21_3_kit.htm

I need help on the Wheel, Tire fitment, Im terrible at figureing that stuff out, I currently have BFT A/T''s w/Chrome wheels. The new ones will be bigger im asuming? I know this is a noob question and has been asked 100000 times, sorry in advance.

Also Id appreciate any comments or suggestions, if these parts suck, let me know. If you got a better suggestion PLEASE tell me.

Thanks

BFT? BFG? :D I assume you're getting bigger tires or else you would just keep the ones you have now. =) As far as wheels and tires go, 31" BFG ATs would be a good choice, get some 15" rims and that might be your best combination. I'm not sure about the width you're looking for.

As far as wheels and tires go, 31" BFG ATs would be a good choice, get some 15" rims and that might be your best combination. I'm not sure about the width you're looking for.

don't you think he should go with 33's since he's adding a 3-4inch suspension lift? i personally think 31's would be small. 33x12.50x15 would look good with the 4inch lift. if 33 is too big for you, go with 32's. don't go smaller than 32'sx11.50x15. Get 15x8 wheels if you want 15's, 16's get 16x8. If you want 16's i have a set of 16x8 rock crawlers for sale. i personally think calmini is expensive and i'm pretty sure you can get the same height of lift to alot cheaper. but hey, if you got the dough, go for it.

Looks like you're going full tilt on a build up. Sweet!

I'm assuming you're considering Pacesetter headers since you listed the price at $215. IMHO, I'd find the extra $$ and get Thorleys.

Also, adding up what you've listed leaves about $1,800 left. You might want to consider a Calmini steering upgrade too. They might cut you a break on price since you're getting the lift as well.

Or you could sent the extra $$ directly to me so I can paint my Pathy. I'll even let you pick the color! sly

Ah yeah, I spaced the part about the suspension lift. 33s would be good. Calmini is expensive but from what I've read / heard it beats the hell out of AC; at least the A-arms look a lot beefier.

Instead of getting the whole kit, you could consider getting just the arms, maybe some new bars, and different rear springs; skip out on the Calmini shocks and get Ranchos.

WOW, thanks alot so far, this is great.

I was considering the full suspension setup becouse ya, it does look super beefy. Its also gonna have to last me the rest of the life of the car. I also need most of the stuff it comes with as replacement anyways (tosrion bars are saggin, springs are droopy, shocks are worn).

I also forget to add an air filter replacement, blegh -stupid me.

If they will cut me a break Id definatly consider getting the steering kit, looks mega beef.

New Wheel/Tire choice is as follows...

Series 97 (black)Rock Crawler 15x12 6x5.5 bolt pattern 4"backspacing. 106.99 each

BFG All terrain T/A KO 33x12.50 50R15 135.99 each

Just saved about 600 on the wheel/tire package. Once agian, Any comments are hugley appreciated.

Really wide tires and wheels... :D I don't know what the implications of that is, except more expensive, maybe 8" wide wheels (like mudfinder suggested) and 10.5" tires would be a good choice too?

I still think you might be happier with a different kind of shock; not that I've heard anything bad about Calmini, but with as much money as you're spending on the rest of your stuff, you might as well get some nice shocks too.

since you saving 600 bucks on tires and wheels, why don't you pay 135bucks more for headers and get better headers, thorley's. rocky-road.com has a set for 350 here's the link if you interested. rocky-road.com

get rancho rs5000s, if you want to spend a little more rs9000, they always have the buy 3 and get one free deal.

You might want to rethink the width of those rims. 12" will put your tires way out there and won't tuck into the wheel wells at full compression, not to mention they will wreak havoc on stock steering components. 15x8 with 3.75" or 4" backspacing should do for your 33's, but you still might have to trim a bit of plastic.

Maybe browse the member's rigs section of NPORA and other Nissan boards. Look for a rig that looks like what you want yours to be and check the info on it. It would be dissappointing to spend all that cash and not have a capable rig.

Yeah dude, those rims are waaay too wide. Going full tilt must be fun. I'm kinda doing the same thing only piece by piece. Bought a decent ride for the lady, and asked her to be patient with me and my old ride cause I'm gonna keep it after all the work I keep doing. :aok: If you're really gonna drive the truck after all this work, I'd suggest dropping some of the extra cash (a small amount) on a CB, good tow strap and/or a winch if the budget allows, a decent first aid kit (you can never be too safe) and a good all around travel tool kit just in case. Sounds like you're on the right path for sure, though.

You might want to rethink the width of those rims. 12" will put your tires way out there and won't tuck into the wheel wells at full compression, not to mention they will wreak havoc on stock steering components. 15x8 with 3.75" or 4" backspacing should do for your 33's, but you still might have to trim a bit of plastic.

Hahaha, "might" my butt.

You'll have to whack sheetmetal out of all four fenderwells to fit 33x12.5's on with only a 3" suspension lift. You'd be rubbing like mad around every corner, no matter how slight. The fenders would be tweaked in no time flat. Your stock steering would also probably die pretty quickly, even with just on-road use.

My 33x10.5's (on 15x8" wheels) rubbed horribly all the time before I trimmed the front fenders all the way back to the firewall and the rears on the outer edges...and that's with the 3" body lift AND the 3" suspension lift. The fender flares on mine have been cut down considerably and the stock plastic inner fender liners as well.

The basic rule is, (not to coin a phrase) 3+3=33. You need at least 5-6" of lift to get 33's to clear your fenders reliably. That rule applies even more so with wider tires.

Add a steering stabilizer to your list if you don't already have one. :)

hey 88, when you menchined that with 33's you'll die out you steering, what should be done? steering stablizer? or other goodies. and any ideas to lift the front end only without cranking the t-bars? is there a front end only lift kit for us? no body lift for me though, i don't like bodylifts, IMO.

I'm looking at doing the full Calmini 3" lift too. I have researched it and the shocks that come with the kit are basically the same as Rancho 5000's and if you add up the price of the UCA's and the springs and torsion bars your paying about $50 for all 4 shocks.

I thought with just the 3" suspension lift you couldn't fit 33's. I was going to go with 15x8 wheels and 32x11.50 tires.

Good luck on the mods and I want to see pictures. I hope to get mine done this summer :cool2:

Right, you can't fit 33s with just a 3" lift. Where did you find out that the Calmini shocks are the same as Rancho 5000s? I've done the math too, which is why I figured that they can't be too stellar if they're going to give you all four for $50. :D

Technically speaking, the shocks work the same, but I don't think Tenneco makes the shocks for Calmini. I could be wrong. *shrug*

Mudfinder: L&P centerlink and idler arm brace, and there is no way to lift only the front end without cranking the t-bars unless you swap in a solid axle. A 2" body lift isn't that bad, take another look at them. HB pickups have a stock 1.5" body lift already, go eyeball a 4x4 HB sometime. ;)

Over on another board I asked if anybody had used them and they said the ride was comparable to the Rancho 5000's. I think they are giving them to you at $50 because its just a break for buying the whole kit. They are selling the shocks separately for $37 each. I don't know if they are made by the same company, but I think the ride is comparable.

Can you fit 32's with 15x8 wheels with no trimming and the flares and mudflaps still on with a 3" suspension lift, or would you be better off with 31's and the 15x8 wheels and the flares?

-bounce- I would definitely ( I have just installed mine) recommend the Thorley headers... I paid $340 for mine from Summit Racing in January. Also... if you're going with the headers, of any kind, invest in the Perma Cool oil filter relocation kit..$48 @ Summit. I installed one on mine, and it is great. I would have died trying to get the oil filter off with the Thorleys in the way!

I invested in the JGC coils, and some Rancho 5000's (p/n 5116) for mine..but, again, Idon't have a lift of any kind.

I don't have a lift ....YET...so I can't help ya with the tire thing... but...good luck!! I want to see pics when you're done!!

Edited by Slick

Arrg, I blame mudfinder! hahaha, OK so like, 32'sx8 w/4in backspacing would be the best choice?

Ill definatly get the better headers.

I got a call from the bank for $5500 loan. Its a definate go.

My two cents....Go with some Bilstein shocks...stick with 8" wide rims and definitely go with 33's......If you go with an exhaust...you gotta go with an intake...either Jim Wolf or a K&N....then go with a full tune up/service......All this talk makes me want to Refinance my house....HHHHMMMMM sssh

For $1155 this is what I did.

Lockrite Locker= $280

2" lift = $free99 (turned t-bars & cut the rear spring spacers from old tire sidewall)

3" body lift= $120

33x12.50 R15 General Grabber A/T= $420

15x8" black rock crawlers 3.75" bs= $160 (Summit Racing w/ free shipping)

Mounted with lifetime balance= $40

33" spare BFG =$35 (Ebay)

Redneck Snorkel= $60 (Lowes)

K&N Filter= $40

I only had to trim the front fenders.

I will still need to spend another $300 for steering upgrades from S&L. Just giving you some ideas...

post-1-1110328969.jpg