~~> Help please! 2003 Pathfinder SE won't start...what should I have checked first?

RobynInOK

I tried to access your FSM through our Garage to no avail. I did find this link from Nicoclub and got full access to your FSM. You might want to take the time and download it to a file on your computer for reference... You'll be glad you did!

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/

I tried to access your FSM through our Garage to no avail. I did find this link from Nicoclub and got full access to your FSM. You might want to take the time and download it to a file on your computer for reference... You'll be glad you did!

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/

:scratchhead: That is the very first link in the first post of the FSM thread in the Garage.

My only "point" is that it's the exact same link, and your downloading the files directly from them :shrug: Honestly I was just trying to figure out if something had changed and our years old link, that takes you directly to the source and that countless members here have used, was now broken ;)

But your right, it doesn't matter, I was not making anything out of it, as I said it "worked, one way or another it :aok: "

:beer:

As a non-mechanic, I recently paid for a tow truck to come out and start my 99.5 Pathy. He hooked it up to the cables and nothing. He then went and jammed the "gearstick" forward that changes gears. He said that when it is in Park and is an older Pathfinder it often does not override the 'neutral safety switch.' He suggested I use the parking gear when before I put it into Park and to know just to jam your gearstick forward if you don't get a start.

A $65 lesson.

~~~~~~~~~> BINGO!!

I went out & whacked the gearshift toward PARK....then she started up like usual!! YAY!!! :)

OK.... I'd like to hear some thoughts on this...keeping in mind:

This is my only vehicle & I want to keep it in good running order. (Also keeping in mind that $$$ doesn't grow on trees!)

Pros & Cons re: replacing or overriding the neutral safety switch?? (or doing nothing & just whacking the gearshift into PARK!?!?)

Just remember it is a safety feature, keeps you from starting the vehicle in gear and lurching forward, or backward....... I personally would just defeat it like I do on my motorcycle kickstand switch etc. but understand they did put it there for a reason....

• Like 1

I just wanna' say...

>> THANK YOU ALL!! << (again)

I sincerely appreciate everyone's input & I'm grateful to have found NPORA forums!

(with AWESOME members who take time to help!)

:) Ya-a-a-a-y YOU!!! :)