Engine Stuttering @ Speed

Harbinger

I'm not sure when she was last tuned, (only had her for three-ish weeks) But yeah My gas milege doesn't seem to be the greatest, I was blaming it on mudding/4 wheeling. What am I getting into if its the o2 sensor?

yeh. i got mine for around $40... the factory plug too... haven't done it yet but next few days most likely... i have to take the x-member off cause the darn thing is not coming out any other way.... i burnt (melted) it a while ago and that doesn't seem to negatively at all... sans the dash light... i live at only 800ft above sea level though...

• 2 weeks later...
Um, replacing the O2 sensor? Nissan factory sensor runs about $130, I scored a generic splice-your-own O2 sensor the other day for $44, we'll see how that works. I'll do a write-up for it.

what are the exact symptoms of a bad o2 sensor?

hmmmmmm whatabout sounding like a 3to5 cyclinder engine?

Im taking it to someone for a compression test tomorrow im worried before i spend anycash on it i should just test it first...

I had my gear stolen when the pathy was stolen thus cannot do the compression test myself.. arrrgh

But i bet it something really lame and stupid like a vac line or a fuel pump not pumping enuff or something like a 5 buck filter somewhere im crossin my fingers cause my jobs 2 hours away everyday. I cannot have this Pathfinder being the one today :blink:

How hard is the o2 sensor to change? I let it idle last night while i packed it full o' my junk (I heart moving!)

Noticed that it also wanted to Die when idleing, stutter run, stutter run, etc. Also noticed that the exhaust smelled like it was rich in fuel. Could this be the 02 sensor screwing up and making my engine run rich?

I'm going to try and see if I'm throwing any codes tonight (haven't done that yet anyways :-) ) See if anything weird pops up.

i have stuttering and bogging even after i change my o2 sensor. my mechanic told me it's from the manifold leak. he said when the exhuast leaks from the manifold, the o2 sensor doesn't get the correct reading of fuel burnt. so the o2 sensor thinks the engine isn't producing enough exaust to make up for the loss, the computer send a message to the engine to give more fuel. my check engine light came on. it gave me 45 fuel injector leak. he pressure tested out and the injectors were in excellent working condition. i don't nkow if it makes sence, but it makes a little sence to me. i mean, i've done everything, timing, o2, pvc valuve, tested my vacuum, fuel filter, air, throttle poisition sensore everything.