97' ABS error light

zendriver

I get the ABS dash light. My nearly new ODBIi/ABS code reader only give "pin not connected " type error, like it thinks it not plugged in properly, even though it wiil read engine codes and live data fine

Any other easy to see the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not very knowledgeable in this area...but aren't the ecm/pcm codes standard and the ABS codes are manufacturer specific? Or at least not part of OBDII per se and thereby not supported or readable by all code readers?

I have only had one code reader that also does ABS code, this one has a separate menu for make model even parts of the Vin number. It has a menu option for "Nissan" it just won't go any further than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an ABS error, it could be something as simple as debris in the toner wheel on the CV axle or damaged wire where it plugs in. or even the sensor could be unplugged if someone has worked on it recently. so i would yank my wheel on the front and check the toner ring on each side as well as the wiring to the sensor. Sometimes the rings crack and get just a hair out of spec so the sensor doesn't see them. but i havent had any problems with mine so far.

Good Luck

Pat

If you read the fsm it tells you how to read the ABS codes. There is a separate plug for the ABS system. It doesn't piggy back off the ecu standard obd2 data link.

You will read which pins to ground out to read the flashes. If you've ever read codes from a obd1 system it's pretty much the same.

Sent from fat fingers on S6