The Lift Is Finally ON!

AkPrecision

I just finished installing the ac 2" lift and fluerys 1" strut spacer. it wasnt as bad as i thought but it gave me 2-3 times as much lift as i was expecting. my suspension must have been very sagged because i got 6" all the way around. on wednesday im getting 285/75r16s put on. ill post up some pics after i put the tires on. im going to trim the wheel wells enough to get home in the tire places parking lot. hopefully an electric dremel will be enough. lol

I'm still wondering if you over did the chrome. The lugs and Warns... O.K. but I'm still thinking the door lock might be too much. Just kidding, it looks great. I've never been a fan of the "milk crate" grill but it blends in good with the all black look. I'm wondering if your "desert tan" would match my Ont. "road sand tan"? It goes great with "black ice".

• Like 1

Thanks xxLoudogxx!! piece by piece it has been coming together. Been working on it for a little over a year.

And kdj its funny you say that because my buddy peeled my emblems so they were chrome after i sprayed it as a joke and he almost got slapped lol i had to respray the emblems. I actually wanted to attempt coating the outter ring of the door lock but ended up leaving it

Thanks bushnut!!!

Captandy the plasti dipping process isnt to bad. Mask all the lights and Windows and spray the whole car or whatever you want to dip. Then carefully peel the tape off while its still wet.

And nova path i will measure it today when i get home. Its going to be just over 6 ft

You know, I see so many crappy dipped cars here, it makes me forget how well it can come out with some patience and proper technique. Your pathy looks great, and you did it for all the right reasons- with faded paint/failing clearcoat you had nothing to lose. Looks like the lift was a success, and keep up the modding! :aok:

I'm only 5'6" so I get my helper monkey to reach anything over 6' 2 1/2". Sorry about that I just wanted to tell my helper monkey Larry that he has now been mention on the internet.

You know, I see so many crappy dipped cars here, it makes me forget how well it can come out with some patience and proper technique. Your pathy looks great, and you did it for all the right reasons- with faded paint/failing clearcoat you had nothing to lose. Looks like the lift was a success, and keep up the modding! :aok:

thanks karmann! it took a lot of research and trial and error on small stuff but i got the mix and technique down before i sprayed the car. it made more sense to make sure it came out good for that much investment. i may respray the sides in a matte camo tan then it will match my door jambs LOL. if anyone local wants it done ill spray it if you mask it!

Ok great thanks. If it is just a tick over six feet that'd be perfect. Just making sure mine will clear my 6'3 height for the garage at work when I'm done

you are definitely cutting it super close. i am assuming my suspension has sagged as much as it should since over the weekend i went on a 400 mile round trip to the desert outside of a town called boron. got a bit of wheelin in while i was there. front fender height is still 37" and rear is at 36 5/8". now keep in mind i have a 175 pound subwoofer back there but when i first dropped it on the ground after installing the lift it didnt drop more than a half inch and has sagged almost another half inch since last week and my trip over the weekend. over all it looks like if you remove the actual roof rack crossbars you will squeeze by by and inch or so. if you went for 32s you would probably clear but not 100 percent sure. hope this helps!