Pathfinder in peril!

93WD21BO

1993 pathfinder xe - horrible problem, acting like a fuel issue but unrelated, will be driving and looses power intermittantly, even sputters like it's out of gas but the picks up and goes, becoming more coming, checked egr, injecters, fuel filter, dis. Cap, wires, and plugs, MAS, TPS,And all associated connectors, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When mine did that, I ran a can of sea foam through the gas, cleaned the egr & throttle body. Ran like new truck afterwards. Could also be o2 sensor. Unplug it from the tree of connectors on the passenger fender & see it it drives better. If so replace it with an NGK, can be ordered online for $20

What is parrel? Did you mean peril?

Yes check the o2 sensor and the coolant temperature sensor. They usually cause crappy running.

This, and the wiring and connector. Free and easy check with an Ohm meter...

B

Oh, I moved this to the 90-95 WD21 section where it will get more visibility than in the Fab section...

Edited by Precise1

I'm not sure if it's possible but could it be that the vacuum fitting in the gas cap is clogged with gunk? I replaced mine when I bought it ( along with most of the rest of the motor accessories over the last 2 years). But I:m just throwing that out there as a cheap fix!

Thanx for feed back, and excuse my horrible spelling. Tried a lot today clean o2 haven't checked connector, cleaned MAF sensor, smoke test for vac leaks, tested ignition con. Mod., coil pack, dis. Connectors. So lost no improvement but will hit your suggestions tomarrow bright and early, thank you.

Also, with the O2 sensor, IIRC the voltage output is 0-1 volts. Check it when it is cold, hot and hot running; you should get different values. O2s can fail in a way that the voltage doesn't change, meaning the ECU is still getting a reading in the acceptable range (so no fault codes) but in reality, the O2 is doing nothing...

Also, go to the Garage section, there is a pinned thread where you can download a free copy of the FSM. 1994 is the first year, but 99% of it will be the same under the hood and the EC section has a really good trouble shooting guide.

As was said, if you haven't, check the ECU for codes as well.

Good luck, and don't be overwhelmed, just keep at it, one thing at a time and you will get it figured out. :aok:

B

Oh, I changed the title spelling, at first I thought Parrel was the name of a city somewhere... :lol:

• Like 1