R50 HIDs

Karmann

Just curious what setup everyone with HIDs in the headlights everyone is running, so post some pics with a description. :D

Here's mine:

Aimed DDM Tuning D2S projectors, 55w 5000k bulbs (their whitest ones), Maxima shroud, wiring harness, ballasts, matching 35w plug and play H3 bulbs in the fogs, clear corners with dual-mode smd LEDs, and a blacked out lens ring.

IMG_4989G_zpsc179a77b.jpg

IMG_4990G_zpsefcc1fe2.jpg

More details are in my build. :handlebars:

Edited by Karmann
  • Like 2

Was it a pain to bake those lenses off or did you just cut open the back

I baked the whole assembly at 225 for 7 minutes after I removed the rubber components to loosen up the adhesive. It was indeed a pain to open it up, the stock glue is very sticky and messy. It gets on everything in sight. Once it was open though it was pretty easy.

Nice work! It looks great.

Thanks!!

When did you do that????

Looks REALLY clean! nice work as always.

CNAM, How did you mount your light bar? Care to send any pics?

and AK whats your question???

-Kyle

Thank you very much, I just finished this weekend. ;)

• Like 1

Karmann, what are you using for underbody lights, how did you mount them, and how did you get electricity down there?

I have long wanted to install LED strip lights along the inside of the pinch seam, but I have just never gotten around to it.

Karmann, what are you using for underbody lights, how did you mount them, and how did you get electricity down there?

I have long wanted to install LED strip lights along the inside of the pinch seam, but I have just never gotten around to it.

Underbody lights? Do you mean the ones in the bumper? The middle ones are Rigid Dually Spots and the outers are some cheap LED floods I bought from a guy on Expo. I wired all four to work with a 2nd gen "off road lamp" Xterra factory switch, which kept the interior looking clean. The wiring was fairly standard for accessory lights, and I mounted them by trimming the plastic in that area of the bumper, then drilling them in place. Otherwise I don't have ones for the underbody, you may be thinking of CNAM.

lol i forgot to finish what i was saying.

anywhoooo is there some type of step by step on installing those projectors?

Look in my build, that's about as step by step as you're going to get. :laugh: Bake them, open the case, clean out the old adhesive, take out the center reflector and light assembly, and replace with the projector housing with lamp etc, find the best order of hardware that works for you. Seal it back up, wire it, and god speed while aiming.

• Like 2

362a8246f6c48203bea3e7ad6a01e80b.jpgb2c69bbed1671a2d4548138a07d5c43f.jpgd980090abbd38a6053243047b281d8f8.jpg

THIS.. I just bought a 03 white pathfinder like your's and like the looks of these headlights. Mine are yellowed and hazy, I was just wondering what ones you bought and how to actually install them. New to car maintanence, but can turn a wrench on a F-16. So far its transferred over pretty well.

You can pick up replacement assemblies on amazon, ebay, and a good number of other stores. Otherwise as a cheaper option, you may want to try to restore the headlights you have on there with a kit from Meguiar's. Removal is pretty much just taking off the corners which have one bolt at the top and a retainer in the back, then unbolting the headlights with the two on the side, pretty straightforward. The grille and small painted shroud under the lights will also have to be removed.