Odometer quit

All other instrumentation normal, except of course the trip odometer frozen too.

Assuming there is a sensor under a wheel well to look at. In the world I'd like to live in I wouldn't have to pull the cluster and futz around behind it.

Appreciate your experiences, theories, guidance.

Does your speedometer still operate? It may be that the voltage regulator at the back of the dash needs help, it may be that the drive gear in the transmission has broken a few teeth if you have no speedo. Anyone else want to throw out a few ideas?

As far as I have looked ( not closely) there are gears in the back of the dash that I assume are run off of the speedo cable. Have you tried resetting the trip meter(s) gently. That worked on mine until I popped it hard once and broke one of the gears/ teeth off.... soon after the speedo stopped operating due to .... ahh.... I'm not sure... something silly I may have done.

try pressing the odometer reset button, sometimes they get stuck.

The odometer runs off a gear from the speedometer so if the speedometer is working than there is nothing wrong with the speed sensor, no cable for the speedometer in the 94.

try pressing the odometer reset button, sometimes they get stuck.

The odometer runs off a gear from the speedometer so if the speedometer is working than there is nothing wrong with the speed sensor, no cable for the speedometer in the 94.

^Step one, it has happened to me as well.

B

Started it last night and noticed the electronic trip odometer screen has gone blank.

Nothing appears on screen when you move the little nob to try to reset it.

My old Pathfinder had the manual trip odometer, so maybe there is a reset step on the electronic one that I'm unfamiliar with.

But I'm now suspicious that something decided to short out or something. It does illuminate, just no numbers appear.

May have to pull the cluster and check where the odometer makes contact with the gear on the speedometer, I've read where the LCD for the digital odometers don't like cold weather also but if the analog odometer is not working it is probably a physical thing.

Have you checked to see if the light dimmer is not turned down all the way? I don't think it controls the brightness on the digital odometer but worth it to check it.

I have the digital trip meter as well and it works fine in the cold. I would check connections and maybe tighten the brass screws on the back of the cluster. They're the ground points.

Minor update.

Digital trip odometer went from being illuminated but blank to having information displayed again. Went ahead and reset it. Seems to be working fine again.

Main odometer still lifeless.

Guessing I'll have to get behind the cluster but it's going to have to wait for some warmer weather.