Front end lurching

txpath4x4

Ok so when I brake the front passenger side lurches down and the vehicle veers right, but the wheels jerk left... I already check my brakes and even went ahead and replaced the hoses and calipers flushed 1 quart if fluid through the lines... I am wondering if your torsion bar could be that weak to where it does that?

If even one torsion bar is off you'll feel a pretty odd imbalance in front end response.. Don't ask me how I know. Felt similar to what you describe. One side dove more than the other, and the other side seemed to rebound harder, causing a strong imbalance in front end response..

Did you actually replace the compression rods? They can only be special ordered from a dealer. I had one sheared in half that was just sort of held together by pressure and bushings for who know how long until it fell apart on me when attempting a bushing replacement due to squeaking over *everything*.

Edited by madhakish

Didn't replace the rods themselves but put moog bushing kits on them, while also cleaning them up with a wire wheel to make sure there was no damage... I may tighten the passenger side torsion bar a quarter of a turn. Need to get my dang ball joint spacers and coil spring spacers so I can tighten them more. Thanks for the info on how yours felt with a Tbar more loose

You said you flushed the calipers. Did you check to see if the pistons in the calipers were stuck? That would cause a pull when braking. You can still run fluid through the hose with a stuck piston. If it a stuck piston I would rebuild it and get some fine steel wool to polish the piston if there is any rust or build up on the piston.

Upon further investigation when repairing I saw that the cotter key had actually been sheared on both sides to where there's just a piece of stuck in the middle of the stud...

62ef0029d8c27a25447ab997c6243749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not the freeway, just turning a corner at 20mph, and when it broke headed straight for a metal high voltage pole... Thank god for good brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk