solid axle swap and head gasket

Guest bamafinder

Guest bamafinder

has anyone done a solid axle swap, if so how much and how hard was it, also is a head gasket hard to repare on these motors, if i take the motor out and do all the work i am wanting to build a stroker motor, anyone done this? i am asking because i currently have a 91 Pathfinder that ive had for a while i found another 91 with a blown head gasket i am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to offer the guy on this truck, i know thats a hard question.

I wonder, wouldn't that do some weird things performance wise??

For example a longer stroke should equal more torque at lower rev's with a sacrifice to the top end as the piston is traveling a greater distance each stroke etc etc. Kinda like a why one of those 4 stroke 4cyl sports bikes sounds like its screeming its tits of a 10,00 rpm as it goes past. Really really short stroke with peak power at like 7000rpm.

Thats why they use bigger pistons to create more power and displacement, instead of just increasing the length of the stroke. Bigger piston for more cubes, and a stroke in proportion to it.

I'm very curious, its not a common mod over here, but i know you guys do it to your V8's all the time and i always wondered why!!!

Guest 92mini van

. Do your SAS first! I would say that it all depends on what you are wanting to do before you start looking for a bunch of hsp.

The SAS isn’t all that hard but it depends on how big you want to be. Where are you located?

. Do your SAS first! I would say that it all depends on what you are wanting to do before you start looking for a bunch of hsp.

The SAS isn’t all that hard but it depends on how big you want to be. Where are you located?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I'd like for you to tell a couple guys around here that is "really no big deal." A frame of reference might be in order. "No big deal... for an experienced fabricator." "No big deal... if you happen to not drive your rig on the highway." Please, dump the grandiose claims, or throw in some pics to back them. Nobody is going to run out to the garage over the weekend and be able to chop and hack a SAS into a Pathy with anything approaching reliable and civil results. I'd love to be proven wrong. PLEASE.

Ok.. so anybody who has done an sas should shim in then..

its not that hard.. if you have the money. If you have all the parts, you could do a leaf sprung sas in a weekend.. no doubt!

If your going to put a similar motor in, do the sas firts.

If your going to put in a small block do the motor swap first.

this is so you don't have to readjust yours ride hight a second time int he front.

gandios claims? there are a lot of us who have done Solid axle swaps.. just ask,, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Guest bamafinder

i am wanting to run 35's on a daily driver, solid axle swap pathy that cams and i want the bragging rights to all the toyota guys in town that i have a bad Pathfinder with a stoker in it. i think it would be really cool.

Guest 92mini van

It is a daily driver; I have over 7,000 miles since the SAS, when I say no big deal that would be the case if you didn’t want to run bigger then a 35's and being able to stuff em. I have seen a few of guys doing SAS with like a 33 and they are doing them fairly quick. Mine on the other hand took a few months but it rides on 37's and was not all that easy, every night with 3 guys and a lot of head scratching and much needed fab work from sky-mfg.

Anyone going to mud fest? She will be there, hopefully with some new tcase gears if me wife lets me. LOL