clunk when turning left or right.

bushnut

so IT'S developed a new clunk.....if I make short/quick, left and right turns (just janking the steeing wheel left and right) It goes clunk.

so far I've got new struts, new sway bar end links, new ball joints.

this weekend will be changing sway bar bushings.

If that doesn't work,how can I tell if its either TRE or Steering rack bushings?

• 2 weeks later...

now that I've replaced the sway arm bushing everything seams to be quiet. $7ish in pats $14shipping and an hours work has fixed the problem. I will be replacing both LCA and bushings sometime before spring but only because they are almost 15yrs old not because they are worn out.

Good to hear, bushnut. I may replace mine too while I'm doing all my suspension work soon. I noticed the other day that my sway bar had shifted over a good bit may have damaged them (though I don't have any noise). Might just go poly while I'm at it.

I'm also going with poly LCA bushings that AC sells. They're manufactured by SuperPro, and the price is actually pretty competitive. No one else was selling them for less, or had them available. New arms cost about the same, but of course there's the work of getting the front bushings out...