Starting to rebuild pathy

thorpe991

So tomorrow I'm making my first run to the jy they have 2 black 96 pathys but they have fender flares mine does not have them so i was wondering how there attached and if removed would the fenders look funny

Next there's a 02 pathy that is white and a 04 that is maroon both have flares but they seam more permanent

i like the look of these flares Better iam wondering if those flares are removable so i could buy both front fenders and just pull the rears to have flares all around

It looks to me that they attach the same way (comparing my 01 to my 96, both with original oem flares). I like the flares on the facelift r50's better, but you might have really sparked something here, I've never thought of trying them on the 96, til now...

They use screws, and then have a single use (i believe) sort of pop rivet thingy and you'll need to buy some more from nissan. While its been talked about, i have never actually seen a picture of a kouki pathfinder, with zenki flares. But i recently came across these bad boys and im still mulling it over. (yes, i'm %99 sure you can still buy these among other crazy JDM aftermarket gear)

15523537536_959b8e7269_b.jpg

15544563021_41a9780500_b.jpg

I love this Terrano, i think its the really WIDE BFG's and the TJM bumper. Need to get my hands on one of those, just to have.

So on one of my other post about my door panels they came off a face lifted pathy with this paint scheme It also had the gas tank popper in the arm rest instead of on the floor

Its the 04 that i plan on looking asst for fenders

It looks to me that they attach the same way (comparing my 01 to my 96, both with original oem flares). I like the flares on the facelift r50's better, but you might have really sparked something here, I've never thought of trying them on the 96, til now...

So im thinking about buying and swapping the whole front clip off the 02

could you look and see if the hood latch is in the same place as the 96?

I'm first certain everything is the same. It should (not positive) just bolt right up. The core support is the same. (I know that for a fact) but I haven't check the latch and stuff.

You're making me really jealous that you going for the conversion!!!

-Kyle

Yeah i think I'm just going to do the fenders now and slowly acquire the rest because I'm going to swap in a vq3.5 with matching Trans

At the moment my pathy has acquired the name The Gutless Turd after not being able to spin the tires in a mud pit sothat will be my next project

I'm first certain everything is the same. It should (not positive) just bolt right up. The core support is the same. (I know that for a fact) but I haven't check the latch and stuff.

You're making me really jealous that you going for the conversion!!!

-Kyle

I think our pathys will look very similar when there done haha but will still be different from every other pathy we will see ied love to get my hand on the jdm head lights for the non face lifted pathys

They are really easy to get a hold of, and can be had for about $300 FOB. But it's wiring that will get you. You don't by any means have to do anything as crazy as what I'm doing, but you should use the factory plugs and have at least a semi reliable setup to run a somewhat important feature for driving at night.

But what was your question about the door cards? Did you want to wire up the fuel door popper? I might do that. But I know I'm going to try and get a QX4 or kouki pathfinder rear window popper working. That should be simple. Just swaping parts. I'd imagine it would be similar to the fuel door.

Still really jealous that you even have kouki's sitting around that you can have parts from. I've seen less than a handful in the 3 years I've been junkyard hunting.

-Kyle

yeah i love the look of them but cant see putting that much into headlights at least to me it seams a lili overkill

i dont want the electric door popper i was just saying that the one that i took the door panels off from had it and the other 99-04 pathys that have been there haven't had that feature

and the door panels had Japanese letters and the one im looking at that to take the front end off of doesnt have those letters so im thinking the po of the one that i took the door panels ether ordered it with more jdm parts from the factory or was slowly swapping it over to a full jdm pathy it had a weird grill

iv only been looking for pathys in my local jy since last August and this these 2 are ether the 4 and 5th ones i seen or the 5th and 6th ones in there but there is always new 96-99 pathys almost every week theres a new one

i think my jy goes to auctions and buys totaled cars to put in there because the one had a south Carolina registration in the glove box

im going to buy everything but the headlights tomarrow because im going to order these( http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-99-04-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-RH-LH-HEADLIGHTS-NEW-IN-BOX/390765687013?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D25412%26meid%3Ddebefdd096f84ff4824b4648b87befc2%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10672%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D271211367694&rt=nc)

as the price of the 2 at the jy is just slightly less than this and they are fogged so just to be slightly diffrent though im going to see if i can leave the stock 97 bumper, if i cant i am going to use the factory fogs as my turn signals and figure some wheres else to mount my aftermarket fogs that are on my pathy now

Edited by thorpe991

Just an fyi- the corner lights are different also, meaning yours will not fit with the facelift front clip. I'd just grab those from the jy too, and try to get them with the sockets. Then you can wire in your turn signals, as the corners are turn/park lights.

Hah i would but as im watching you install yours with the switch its just a lil to much work for me to find it worth it if i didnt have to put the switch in and had the extra money for them i would do it

Hahaha. Alright. Fair enough. Like I said. You DON'T have to do it the way I'm doing it. I fear I mean be sharing people away from the jdm options with how my wiring mine up. Lots of guys have just bought two relay kits and that was fine.

-Kyle

Uh oh, better check Kyle's pockets (and his recent whereabouts)!!!!!

That sucks, but I'm sure another will show up there soon, could even give them your info and have them call you when they get one in.

• Like 2

I just grabbed the hood from one of the black 96 ones so im going to just stay stock and none of the 96 style ones had a good fender so im going to rock auto for that