What Car Did You Learn to Drive Stick In?

Karmann

So you're the one that ran over my chicken! I live on a gravel country road and lost one in a 1978 accident. . If you cann't drive an auto...stay out of farm areas.

I murdered the clutch in the farm fields before I attempted the gravel road. Even as a new driver, I knew better than to hit the brakes on gravel for a chicken!

But what if was your chicken...would you stop? I was wondering when everyone started driving (age) and in what. Sorry off topic. Back to drivin' stick....I did hear that the average standard owner makes 60,000 shifts per year in city driving.

Automatics are too complicated... Keep forgetting the D means dat way points forewrd

Have you ever seen Green Acers. Lisa called the shifter "the PURUNDL". She said she needed the U's to spell it.

Green Acres :lol: Now that is a great reference, what a theme song. As far as age, I learned driving and driving stick (same truck) when I was 13.

I first learned to drive a standard using an old Subaru car 80 something?? Can't remember, was doing detail work for the repo cars for my dad's bank. Had to move the car and my dad said "If you want to get paid full price for the clean up you have to do all the work for it." So moving the car in my yard was my first experience. Then I was also learning driving my Highschool football coaches chevy luv pickup during practice moving all of the team equipment. Fun times in Highschool.

James

• 2 weeks later...