98 pathy build thread, right

PINION

So far, I have just ordered parts, I have done the audio and blue tooth, Cleaned up the outside which included removing and painting plastic bits that were faded. mirrors, wiper arm, windshield cowl, rear window vents.

I have ordered my Warn Hubs, AC 2" lift, slotted and dimpled front rotors.

Have mounted roof basket with kayak rack and bike rack. Also removed all the badges in the rear

I will document all work with a few picks.

IMG_2458_zps842aa97a.jpg

IMG_2457_zpsd638276d.jpg

Edited by PINION

I'm actually in the middle of debating whether or not to buy those rims, except in matte black. Do you have any other pictures, from an angle? What size and backspacing are they and what kind and size are the tires? Nice rigs you have there. Also, is there a lift on the second one?

Edited by ONe21

IMO a build thread is just that, showing what mods and work you are doing to your rig, for others to see and maybe reference. I cant find the "members Rides"

Found it, its outside the R50 area.

Ok I can post there, can someone delete this here?

Edited by PINION

I think build threads and members rides are 2 different things. Members rides is much less detailed generally and just shows a couple pics of your ride. Build threads feature all the details, especially when they are "living" threads that get updated as mods proceed.

• Like 1

Read that you are looking into better brakes?

I just installed this kit. Along with cleaning the rear drum hardware and adjusting the rear brakes. Let me tell you, 100% better! I can actually hit the brakes hard enough to engage the ABS on dry pavement. Never could do that before, and sudden slow downs on the highway were always scary about actually stopping in time. No longer worry about that. Heck, the first time my wife drove the truck to take me son to school. She hit the brakes she normally would and my sons cheerios went flying all over. Easy to do, and very impressed with the brakes.

Kit: http://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z36-kit/#y=1998&mk=NISSAN&mo=PATHFINDER

• Like 1

Read that you are looking into better brakes?

I just installed this kit. Along with cleaning the rear drum hardware and adjusting the rear brakes. Let me tell you, 100% better! I can actually hit the brakes hard enough to engage the ABS on dry pavement. Never could do that before, and sudden slow downs on the highway were always scary about actually stopping in time. No longer worry about that. Heck, the first time my wife drove the truck to take me son to school. She hit the brakes she normally would and my sons cheerios went flying all over. Easy to do, and very impressed with the brakes.

Kit: http://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z36-kit/#y=1998&mk=NISSAN&mo=PATHFINDER

Yuppers,

Been using their products for years.

went with this one from Brake performance.

features-premium-dimpled-slotted-rotors-

Edited by PINION

I think build threads and members rides are 2 different things. Members rides is much less detailed generally and just shows a couple pics of your ride. Build threads feature all the details, especially when they are "living" threads that get updated as mods proceed.

That's not really the point. The point is to keep the threads organized. But plenty of people keep their "build thread" in the members rides at the bottom of the forum, ahardbody, myself and plenty others. It's generally how every forum (I've ever visited) is done. Separate section for members rides. Either to showcase it or to show builds.

-Kyle

Weehaa, all the goodies are in, did honeys timing belt on her jetta this morning, a little wrenched out. Tomorrow we bleed.

partslist:

performance brake slotted, electroplated, slotted, and dimpled rotors, Bilstien rear shocks, KYB G2 front struts, kyb bearing caps and new bump stops, AC 2" lift springs front

and rear, Warn hubs, and new short shafts.

Will add before and after on ride height, and in process work pics.

IMG_2477_zps19d9f0fc.jpg

Edited by PINION
  • Like 5

And so it happened today, its all done, ...kinda

Stock bits

IMG_2480_zpsc003f95e.jpg

My favorite toy, 6 yrs old and still kickin

IMG_2484_zpsd2357081.jpg

So first came pulling the hubs, c clip and all that, and don't forget those 2 screws

IMG_2485_zps990e06d6.jpg

Eveything came off fairly easily, pulled the strut, made pulling the short shaft a breeze.

IMG_2486_zps8bb2247d.jpg

cleaned and regreased everything, all in good knick

IMG_2487_zps41618e44.jpg

I installed axle, and then installed the warn hub so I could lock the axle, which made torqueing the axle easier

IMG_2492_zps3f56f2c8.jpg

Axle done, hub done, Strut assembly, went in, brakes went on, Used 2 camber bolts per side, was able to get it close. going in for alignment on Monday.

IMG_2489_zpse419f027.jpg

IMG_2490_zps3686bb6d.jpg

The rear took what felt like 5 minutes compared to the front. Unbolt swaybar, track ba,r.take diff breather hose off, pull shocks and drop axle, plenty of room to install springs with out a fuss

IMG_2494_zpsa0cd3acd.jpg

Picks and measurments of completed in a couple days, waiting for a little settling.

• Like 2

Nice! So jealous right now! I would kill to have an uninterrupted garage day, but with an 18 month old and wife (6 months pregnant), dog, 2 jobs and house, that won't be happening anytime soon.

Been meaning to ask you, does your 99 have a sunroof? I've been thinking about contacting you on cl and taking the ride out to check it out. I've become very fond of having a sunroof (on both my 96&01) I know I'd really miss it if I didn't have one anymore.

Nice! So jealous right now! I would kill to have an uninterrupted garage day, but with an 18 month old and wife (6 months pregnant), dog, 2 jobs and house, that won't be happening anytime soon.

Been meaning to ask you, does your 99 have a sunroof? I've been thinking about contacting you on cl and taking the ride out to check it out. I've become very fond of having a sunroof (on both my 96&01) I know I'd really miss it if I didn't have one anymore.

No sun roof on the 99

Here are the stats as it sits today, the day after install

Front bumper fron plastic on botton, Stock 13.75", now 16"

Rear bumper from bottom plastic, Stock 20", now 23"

top of wheel well clearance, front stock 28.5" tires 5" , now w/ 29.5" tires 7"

Rear stock 28.5 tires 7" ,now 29.5 tires9.25"

IMG_2501_zps61bc7003.jpg

IMG_2500_zpse16d3b99.jpg

IMG_2499_zps2fe18391.jpg

IMG_2498_zps5366ffb0.jpg

Edited by PINION

Todays joy is brought to you by.... Shot slave cylinder.

And so it begins, cause I like clutch

The tools;

14mm socket,13mm socket, line wrench's-10mm ,8mm. Pressure bleeder( one of my fav toy's), synthetic fluid.

Im going to flush the whole deal, cause the fluid is almost black.

IMG_2525_zps6e0c1a4f.jpg

Thanks Rob once again for the right parts.

I assemble line and slave cyl, to limit drip on floor

IMG_2520_zpsf8ecc2a4.jpg

IMG_2519_zpsbcbdb441.jpg

IMG_2531_zps8a9bb37b.jpg

IMG_2523_zpsace23177.jpg

IMG_2528_zpsf8362b00.jpg

IMG_2529_zpse84f2022.jpg

IMG_2530_zpsd3988e28.jpg

I now have a clutch, yay

Brake fluid is getting flushed too, also a bit burnt

IMG_2533_zps7491f638.jpg