ABS Light On after wheel bearings/tie rods replacement

dududuckling

Hi

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder.

I brought it to local mechanic and had the front wheel bearings and tie rods replaced on both sides. Next thing I know the abs light came on. I suspect there are broken ABS ring/components, but not too sure. Braking is not affected at all. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Edited by dududuckling

Hi

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder.

I brought it to local mechanic and had the front wheel bearings and tie rods replaced on both sides. Next thing I know the abs light came on. I suspect there are broken ABS ring/components, but not too sure. Braking is not affected at all. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Double post, admin please help delete the other one. Thanks.

Edited by dududuckling

Yep, he checked and rechecked, front and rear...

I had the brakes re-serviced (no new parts, just inspect the front brakes and tighten up the rear ones, there's a dial), changed the front wheel bearings and tie rods, and changed the fluids (front diff, rear diff, transmission, transfer case)

I plan to bring it back again tomorrow since I have developed grinding/screeching noise from front right. It starts screeching as soon as I move, but it goes away when I steer to the left or step on the brake.

@Stioc: Where in SoCal are you located? I am moving to Santa Barbara this weekend, will be bringing the pathfinder, that's why I had it looked at today haha

Edited by dududuckling

If you have to replace the sensor. Start spraying it with liquid wrench now. Every day until you pull it. Mine was a bear and half to change. Metal cased sensor in iron cast knuckle. Rusted in there good.

Sent from my Moto X