front end rattle

bushnut

I've got a rattle in my front end that is driving me mad. whenever I drive over small stutter type cracks or bumps I can hear and feel (through my right foot) something rattling away. getting some bump steer on these cracks and holes. On big bumps (speed humps) or dips no issues or sound.

when I grab the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock and push/pull I can feel a slight movement. 12 and 9 no issues...tie rod ends?

so far strut bearing changed last year along with strut,

LCA bushings seem to be good.

there is some play in my sway bar end links.( these are next on the list for replacement.)

New ball joints last week.

everything is torqued

any ideas?

Bumpsteer is more than likely bad alignment or loose tie-rods.

Not sure on the rattle; it could be a lot of things so I'd start with tightening everything up from the strut to calipers to transmission mounts etc.

Yay!

replaced the end links today with NAPA life time warranty ones.. $50.00 each.no more rattle! right side was Crap! driver side marginal....I'll keep that one as a spare.

• Like 1

Yay!

replaced the end links today with NAPA life time warranty ones.. $50.00 each.no more rattle! right side was Crap! driver side marginal....I'll keep that one as a spare.

$50?! I think I will hit up NAPAfor that then. Thanks!

I had to Google it to see what style the R50s use because I boggled at the price. Yeah, that sucks. WDs are like $5 a side. :tongue:

The rear ones for the WD are pretty expensive, and they're very similar to the R50 style.

Glad you got it fixed, I hate rattles!