Where is the chime located under dashboard

brc19761

Hi,

Recently the chime (the dinging noise) that lets you know your lights are on when you open the door and the keys are in the ignition went out on my 1994 pathfinder le. I checked the button at the bottom of the driver's door that makes the interior lights go on and off when you open the door. I even replaced the button with the one out of my dad's d21 hardbody and that didn't make any difference.

I need to know what makes the chime work and where it is located. I figured maybe the switch that turns the lights on and off may have messed up, but it still turns the lights on and off and when the keys are in the ignition still no dinging.

I know this is no major worry and the majority of the time I wouldn't even worry about it. But this little chiming noise has gotten me in trouble a few times. Like when it has been raining and I have my lights on during the day and I stop at a store or gas station. I come back to notice that my lights have been left on the whole time. Also, it hasn't happened yet but there have been several times I go to lock the door and remember my keys are in the ignition. I have checked all possible fuses and none are blown.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

brc

It is a small brown box under the left side of the dash kickpanel area. If the key in switch in the ignition lock and the door switches are still working, your truck won't let you lock the keys in. With the key in the ignition and the door open, if you try to lock the doors, they will just do the lock and then immediately the unlock cycle again. My problem is that if it is below 55 F, when I shut a door it will tend to lock them. I need to do so many little fixes to my poor Jezzy, just don't have the time and interest after I get off work...