Pathy died on me any ideas?

txpath4x4

Ok so I was driving along and it sputtered and died, when I tried restarting it I can hear it firing through the exhaust. Was on my way to work so I haven't had a chance to check dis. For rotation. If it isn't that by some miracle of God any other areas to start ?

Got to start with the basics. Fuel-spark-air and see what you are not getting. Possibilities are-timing belt broke, cap/rotor, fuel filter plugged, check for codes, did the alternator fail? Huge list but you have to see what you are not getting

Any more info you can give us? That's not much to go on. ^Mr Beer has it right though...

My thoughts are:

Timing belt jump or break isn't going to make it sputter and die, it is either going to keep sputtering or just die. Definitely do the rotor check, but I doubt it.

Wiggle sensor connections to see if it comes back to life.

Check the ECU for fault codes, sometimes it helps a lot.

Fuel issue, the wiring to the fuel pump under the hatch in the back, the fuel filter or pressure regulator.

B

Thanks guys, and checking my earlier post, I was a little vague. It straight up died on the road and when I turned it over after coasting to a safer location, (hoping it was a freak incident that magically went away) it sounds like my v8 when the timing is 180 degrees out.., in other words you can here the spark plug firing through the exhaust... But after checking the many helpful forums here I will check my dist. Rotor for movement when cranking. If it moves then I will move on to other stuff thank y'all very much

Nobody has said that it could be the coil, but I guess if you're not getting spark then that's a given. Other than a clogged fuel filter or pump you just have to go down the list of possibilities. Oh check any relays/fuses that might have blown out. Good luck, hope you can find it quickly and easily.

IT'S ALIVE HAHAHA!!! The dist. Rotor set screw backed out... Therefore causing random fires that sounds like when timing is messed up. Yay for not having to rip half a motor apart

• Like 2