Need Ideas to deal with petty thieves

Precise1

last summer i had someone taking stuff from my garage. so i scared the crap out of them with my old truck the next time they came around because the stuff would always go missing on a saturday night pretty much i hid in my truck and when they came into my garage i fired it up with the peddle to the floor iv never seen anyone jump so high or run so fast and i havent had anything come up missing since my truck was a k1500 with a 350 aftermarket headers no cat no muffler and 2 1/2" piping it was ridiculously loud and it didnt have enough back pressure so it would pop and crackle when reved up and let off if i went to high rpms it would backfire and sound like a gun shot ,thats what it sounded like when i let off the peddle that night

Yeah, it needs to be baited just well enough to attract the guy, but not enough that he gets suspicious. Plus if the guy actually steals it, you'll have the evidence to prosecute him. Maybe a dead smartphone (ebay parts lot) would do it.

I'll bet a door lock motor could be mounted to an air horn in a way that would trigger it. A guy on Youtube used a lock mech to trigger a garden hose sprayer. A relay and a microswitch under the bait could trigger the motor.

If this happens at night, you might need some kind of IR LED array so that the camera picks up the guy's face.

(As much as I'd want to rig a garden hose sprayer and fill it with mayonnaise, just scaring him off is probably the best approach so that you won't have to replace the windshield afterwards.)

Good luck!

I was kind of thinking about something like that. Water soluable paint, dye, etc.

Smear it on a pine wood dowel and beat the person with it Spray them with it then tell the cops to look for the yelow guy, or the one that lights up under a black light, etc.

Honestly though, I can't see the cops caring unless there is a 'real' crime... :shrug:

B