Mystery to me! TCU location?

Kyle94

So lately my pathy has been shifting at high (REALLY high!) rpms. im talking 5-6k bouncing off the rev limiter (no i don't do it all the time, i just know it will!) and only when cold. a while ago i submerged it and got a few things wet. but other than the abs light flashing (computer got wet) its been fine. well now i think corrosion has got the best of the TCU (transmission control unit) but i can't find the bugger. google says its near the shifter, and is a silver/bare metal box with a blue plug (ive seen pics) but i can't find it. anyone care to shed some light? :) 1998 Auto SE

HMM lets see, i think i found he Electrical section of the FSM, (Fore warning: im reading this out of my personal 1996 FSM, it might be different for 98', so double check) Page EL-241.

(in case you need to get your own copy, NICO hosts some http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/, i would download all of the them and rename into something you can understand, i.e. EL become Electical)

Its the top left corner photo, looks like it may be up. to the left hand side of the drivers side kick panel (if that made any sense, its late, sorry)

EDIT 2: Its late, i was right the first time, page EL-240 shows you where the computer is... i'm going to bed now, lol

So i can see it getting wet, but it looks sort of high up there.

Wish i could be more helpful, but MANUAL TRANS FTW!!! :laugh:

But, i do hope that helps.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123
  • Like 1

If you look in the engine compartment beside the master brake booster, you'll see a diamond-shaped plate on the firewall. The TCM is bolted to this plate on the other side of the firewall (in the cab).

• Like 1

But yeah. When I had to be pulled out of the water backwards the water inside sloshed forwards. So it still could have gotten wet. Pretty much just trouble shooting now I guess. :)"(

huh, anyone got a jy close enough to them that would wanna pick one up for me? only truck that is anywhere close to me doesn't have a front windshield so i'm sure its shot too. other than that the rest are way far away. ill pay shipping and part prices...