cb radio install location!

Hey everyone!

Just got a Cobra cb radio with a pa speaker!! :D

was wondering where you guys have your radios mounted? i have a 93 pathfinder with the round dash conversion! i tried putting it below the radio in the center of the dash... but was barely too wide!!:/so 94 and up dash locations please! thanks in advance ill upload pic if needed too!

heres the cb radio http://www.truckers-store.com/store-products-c148gtl-Cobra-148-GTL-Classic-SSB-CB-Radio_39990947.html (not the smaller one it a lil bit larger thand an aftermarket radio

We have the same one in our attic, good radio, just as you put it. A bit big for the pathfinder size wise. I would mount it to the back of your center console. Probably going to do that our self with the same radio, just a 95 pathfinder.

Since picking up the 94 I wanted to install a CB radio, but the 2 that I had just didn't look good anywhere I wanted to install either one.

I did some measuring and came up with the Cobra 29 LTD Bluetooth,

here are a few pics of the installationdbf3f8e7-c232-4d32-841d-716c3d49ee20.jpg

radio mount before trimming

1c069b5f-6967-4f5d-8b9e-17cf2611e1fe.jpg

after trimming

c3ba2f03-49a9-4de4-863f-fdc04edf9b15.jpg

radio mounted

03b4fb4b-3332-40f3-b7ce-055b1b01c724.jpg

external speaker mounted

bddf7fa2-b118-4b0c-a93e-f640237662fa.jpg

if you notice closely you'll see 4 holes drilled in the flat bracket, thats where I first mounted the antenna, but then I couldn't open the rear hatch window without opening the spare tire carrier.

The trucker mirror mount would not fit the tube and I had to elongate the holes. I then ran the coax down under the body and through the drain plug on the right side.

I wanted to run a spring with the antenna but I couldn't get the swr down below 2 on channel 40, http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/mad.gif without the spring channel 1 swr doesn't even move and 40 move about 3 needle lengths http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/happy.gif

Hope this helps

this is exactly what i had tried doing but was afraid if i shaved down the radio brackets the cb radio would be loose and shake around on the trails? should i just go for it or....

could you post a picture of how yours is set up? (how it looks between the seat)

I'll take a picture later. Out of sight out of mind really. I forget it's even there most of the time, aside from having a 4 foot lightning rod on the tire carrier...

BiKw9Ng.jpg

Not the classiest of installs, but it works for me. I normally have it mounted to the back of the center console, but my truck was broken in to and they stole my radio along with the little screw things that hold it to the bracket.

BiKw9Ng.jpg

Not the classiest of installs, but it works for me. I normally have it mounted to the back of the center console, but my truck was broken in to and they stole my radio along with the little screw things that hold it to the bracket.[/quot

holy hell man. your trucks as dirty as mine :O

well i just got done putting mine in to test her out!

0305141914_zpsupohwedz.jpg

and after i got it all working i found out the battery was dead! i jumped it and let it run for 40 minutes.... shut it off and went to start it again..... dead again... i cant win!

well... after thinking it through... haha battery is hopefully not junk!! new hampshire was 3 degrees away from a record set 146 years ago at -10 two nights ago. and i havent even staryed my truck in about 3 days haha. can you say FROZEN BATTERY???!!! brought the battery inside so hopefully its good to go by the mornin haha

Just a bit for you that don't have the patience to set up a wired cb you can get a good hand held cobra from pilot or flying j truck stop for $50. the perfect size and weight and no wires...

Hey everyone!

Just got a Cobra cb radio with a pa speaker!! :D

was wondering where you guys have your radios mounted? i have a 93 pathfinder with the round dash conversion! i tried putting it below the radio in the center of the dash... but was barely too wide!!:/so 94 and up dash locations please! thanks in advance ill upload pic if needed too!

heres the cb radio http://www.truckers-store.com/store-products-c148gtl-Cobra-148-GTL-Classic-SSB-CB-Radio_39990947.html (not the smaller one it a lil bit larger thand an aftermarket radio

nope but i have the link from cobra whrre i bought it from above precise1 hahaha^^

THREAD JACK.....If I mount my CB antenna near the radio antenna will they interfere with each other?

They're different frequency radios, so it shouldn't. Might even help your FM radio...

I admit to not knowing anything about electronics....so the midland CB I have needs an external speaker...can I wire it in to the car audio system? or will I have to mount another speaker.

Mount a separate speaker, unless you want alot of interference, you would want a automatic audio override switch that activates each time you key up the mic, and the Midlands should have a built-in speaker. Most of the Midlands are rebadged cobra radios. A good quality external though shouldn't cost much.

i think its a perfect spot for it. all i had the before wasa cubby hole for lighters. mine works awesome but deffinately putting in my external speaker. the internal one on the cb is so quiet haha i cant hear it over my super swampers