The things they can do.

Sparrow

That wasn't directly geared towards you, at the time of that post there had been like 50 something people that looked at this thread and only two had commented, you and someone else, and like the other guy said I thought this thread was over. So I just decided to bow out than to sit and try and argue my case or bring life back to the thread.

And I wouldn't ever try and do it in my truck either even though I saw it happen personally.

There are a lot of people who lurk on this site, some of them for years. Also, I think Guests can view threads in that section as well. Sometimes people read but don't feel they have any pertinent information to share. I often skim a thread to determine that everyone is playing nice, but don't post with the intent of returning when I have more time.

Point is, don't be disheartened by the number of views VS actual posts, it can easily be 10-20:1. ;)

Yeah, I'd probably leave the semi towing to other vehicles as well, but I have seen many posts describing how a Pathfinder pulled out a stuck truck that other vehicles failed to, and I mean larger, heavier and more powerful vehicles that were stuck or had tried to help. It is obvious that the little Pathy has sufficient weight, traction, gearing and drive train to do more than it would seem capable of.

That's why I'm on my second... ;)

B

(the wife owns one too!)

Don't ever apologize or make concessions for being yourself or presenting an idea that you deem valid. Even if in the back of your mind you're starting to have doubts about it, don't let others see that from you. If you feel you made a mistake, don't announce it or say anything, just don't continue to push the subject (life goes on); but don't apologize when you've done nothing wrong. All that does is open the door for others to abuse and take advantage of you.

And if someone does criticize you and you DO feel a 100%, stand on it dude, do not let someone else flame you out when you know you're in the right and NEVER give in to those assholes that just try to push you around. The worst thing you can do is apologize when they are the ones who don't even know what they're talking about and no ground, not a leg to stand on. Of course there are times when a more mature, more experienced person may correct you in something, and in that instance yes, of course you should defer to their wisdom, hell I've had some of those things happen to me on here but that's cuz I'm hard headed but I know the difference between a jerk and a wiser man than myself.

Stand up for what you believe and I promise you others will flock to support you. These times we're living in, everyone is dying for a thread, an ounce of Leadership and when they see it, it's an undeniable positive force that people are compelled to uphold.

Oh no I was raised to always stand up for myself and to never back down when I know I am right, however as the new kid on the block I felt it would be best to just respectfully back out of the conversation than start an argument with people more senior in years than me as well as more senior members on this forum. (Wasn't sure how the warning points systems work. For the most part people on here seem to be respectable but you never know.) I guess saying that I "concede defeat" was probably not the best choice of words, but oh well it's all behind us now.

• Like 1

There are a lot of people who lurk on this site, some of them for years. Also, I think Guests can view threads in that section as well.

Hahaha I have to admit I lurked around as a guest for a week or two before I signed up. Wanted to see what the community was like, and..... :itsallgood:

I let mine sit for months at a time, and every time it fires without a hiccup.

That's something that can't be said for everything.

Yeah I had a '93 dodge ram that I bought from my uncle for a dollar (he had no plans to sell it to anyone and it just sat there so when I asked him he was like "why the hell not") and once we got it fixed I drove it for a while but it got like single digits in gas mileage so we let it sit and about a month later we couldn't get the thing to turn over no matter what we did. Ended up selling it to a scrap guy for 500 so I think it all worked out B)

y8ahyzy6.jpg i did this about a few months ago

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

HOLY CRAP I never knew they could float! :lmao:

Seriously though that's pretty awesome, I have trouble getting that much air with my 4wheeler.

tre cool but just remember...holywood destroyed at least a dozen chargers in every episode of "Dukes of Hazard". Jumping is for rabbits, horses and maybe motor cycles.

• Like 2

tre cool but just remember...holywood destroyed at least a dozen chargers in every episode of "Dukes of Hazard". Jumping is for rabbits, horses and maybe motor cycles.

This. I jumped my friend's Jeep YJ (POS to the max) and it and my back haven't been the same since. :laugh:

• Like 1

Yeah, any rig can fly once.

This.

y8ahyzy6.jpg i did this about a few months ago

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

Cool, a hoverpathy! Either that or aliens are beaming you up...

That two tone terrano pulling the rig out is one of our New Zealand regulars.

That would be Tex, a Moderator. He has quite a few good videos of quite a few pathys...

B

• Like 1

wow. so that's what destroying $60,000 in less than a second looks like...you know the guy driving feels worse than his truck looks and not just because of getting a little banged up....I can't imagine...oh and I would soon be divorced as well. "My sweet new toy! What have I done??".....My heart goes out to the poor stupid bastard, I've never done anything on the same level..BUT I have experienced that euphoric inspiration that he felt about 5 minutes before this.

Edited by gv280z

My heart goes out to the poor stupid bastard

Yeah I've watched this several times before and every time I wonder what possessed that man to want to jump his new raptor 90 feet.

Did it do any damage? Any time you catch full air in a vehicle, it is significant. I've managed in a D70 and dune buggy (and rental car) but kept most of my air antics to two wheels.

B

That was actually a very good jump. It's the height that kills the components, not the distance.

And that jump was clearly for distance and not height. Hell, I'd jump my Impreza off that! haha.