Electric Sled

Precise1

Here is a pretty cool item I ran across. I give the inventor a lot of credit thinking out side of convention but keeping things simple at the same time. I'm not certain of all the details or cost, but it seems like a pretty handy item to be used on the ranch and/or in snow country; it is basically just an adaptable utility locomotion/power source...

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/electric-sled-miniature-winter-tank?dom=PSC&loc=recent&lnk=10&con=this-electric-sled-is-a-miniature-winter-tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIwrdeP21s#t=248

B

That is the next logical step, isn't it?

Pretty soon there will be maurading Canadian Prius El-Sled drivers everywhere, code name: Silent, Deadly and Apologetic!

EVs will start to take market share in every arena, especially when battery tech gets to common power pack level... :aok:

oh man that is the coolest thing ever!! things like that are why im getting into electrical technology. such an awesome and interesting field. i want one of those sleds!

And why I would love to get into the manufacturing devision of an EV company, preferably R&D. ;)

B

• Like 1

Direct Current electric motors have come very far in the recent years regarding R/C technology. Today's brushless motors combined with the newer Lithium Ion battery tech are so extremely fast and make such an abundance of torque and power it's just unbelievable and now I know that's being moved up into electric motorcycles that hobbyist are racing and improving. Pretty exciting stuff.