My luck abounds... Is it common for fuel tanks to leak?

MrEviLDeD

A temporary fix that might help? We rub bar soap on leaks on semi trucks. I have been able to drive for over a thousand miles with the soap seal on a water/ fuel separator that is under high pressure. But it's only a temporary fix that can get you by until you can fix permanent.

I had hopes for that temporary fix. Went out this morning to give it a try. Didn't seem to do anything at all unless I applied it incorrectly. Either way I appreciate the suggestion, thank you.

I was wondering, Are these portlets 5/16" or 1/4" I assume looking at the size of the hose it is 5/16" just wanted to be sure. Going to try a clamp, hose, putty fix. Going to shove warmed putty in the hole, going to half cut an 1" (slit down the hose not half) hose, wrap it around the leak and the putty and fasten a compression clamp to help keep it all together..

Thoughts?

Edited by MrEviLDeD

Ok well seems the patch I outlined above seems to do the trick. I just hope it passes the inspection. Following are some pictures of the repair. I am kind of happy with the result considering everything else I tried up to now has not worked at all. Thanks everyone for staying on track with me on this problem I appreciate it. Some good suggestions.

93PathfinderXEV6_FuelPump_top_fix001.png

As you can see here I put the prepared putting INTO the small bit of hose and then pressed it firmly into place and tightened the clamp. Eventually it squeezed some of the putty out the bottom(cannot be seen) and end to which I pressed into firm smooth shape. I then let it cure for 3 hours. Would have left it longer however I needed to get someplace and thought might as well give it a try. Held up no problem so far.

93PathfinderXEV6_FuelPump_top_fix002.png

Man the camera really shows the rust, normal eyes do not show it up so bad... No really I promise :)