emissions warning light

Steve_RI

Well, the list of issues is piling up. Got some work to do in the Spring. My emissions light is on. Ran codes and got back 14 in mode 3 - vehicle speed sensor....my speedo is out right now so no surprise there. Any tips on how to chase this down? I put a new o2 sensor in about 6 months ago.

I will refer you to the Diagnostic Proceedure starting on EC-88 of the FSM. Sorry, but there is more than I want to type. This is where I would start...

Bah, that only applies to the round dash. Why you people have the old models, I'll never know... :headwall:

B

Sorry, took a vacation day yesterday to take advantage of the snow. Yes, this is the yellow emissions light. I checked my mileage on the trip and I got just under 19mpg. I was afraid that I would get horrible mileage, but that's pretty good. Temps aren't too bad today, so I'll try to get out there and poke around a bit.

I took a look at the FSM and it indicates that the vehicle speed sensor code (under diagnostic procedure 26) will set off that check engine lamp. I ordered a speedo cable, got a pretty good price too, $49 delivered. This should take care of the issue.

• 2 months later...