No sound in Rear speakers

KILLANOLA

Hi,

I got a new after market stereo installed in my 95 pathfinder. Now they giving the run around from the place it was installed.

Im getting sound in the front speakers but no sound in the back speakers.

I thought the problem might be the factory amp so i pulled the fuse on the amp fuse. The front speakers went off. So Im guessing the factory clarion amp is still working?

I know one of the rear speakers was a little blown but shouldn't it be getting some sound? I tried trying another speaker on the right rear i knew worked and still no sound?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So the old speakers were getting power and the new ones are not? Have you pulled the speakers from the roof and checked to make sure they are wired up?

Also, with an aftermarket deck and speakers it is highly recommend to bypass the factory amps.

You need to do an amp bypass. Do a search on here for that topic.

The original radio system had two amps, the one built into the radio powered the fronts, behind the passenger side rear panel is the amp for the rear. It will say 'Clarion' on it.

Im guessing you guys are talking about this http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/24612-how-to-bypass-factory-amps-in-your-clarion-equipped-nissan/?p=449109&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=449109

How would i go about doing option A. it seems the easiest and I dont plan on reinstalling any factory stereo stuff.

Option A: Cut the factory amp harness and splice the inputs and outputs together. Leaving you unable to re-install the factory equipment.

Had similar problems last week, ran fresh wire's from stereo to all the speakers and bye passed the stock set-up. Sounds like the installer used amp for front speakers if they cut off when you pull the fuse. If you paid for the installation at stereo shop, I would be getting owners involved, and if it's the owners who has the issue, then your state attorney general office. If you paid for proper installation then by all means you should get it.

You need to do an amp bypass. Do a search on here for that topic.

The original radio system had two amps, the one built into the radio powered the fronts, behind the passenger side rear panel is the amp for the rear. It will say 'Clarion' on it.

At least in 1995 models, both amps are in the rear right next to each other.

Sounds like they only patched in the front amp turn-on wire. There's another for the rears, and I think they're separate in the harness.

But +1 on pulling the amps. Best thing I've done for my stereo, and the rear amp made the core of a pretty decent shop stereo! The front one will too when I get around to it.

If they just used a generic universal harness adaptor to connect the factory harness to the new head unit it will only power the front speakers without doing the amp bypass.

Please dont hack and splice your factory harnesses.

It will come back to haunt you.

Sounds like they only patched in the front amp turn-on wire. There's another for the rears, and I think they're separate in the harness.

But +1 on pulling the amps. Best thing I've done for my stereo, and the rear amp made the core of a pretty decent shop stereo! The front one will too when I get around to it.

Now that you mention it! I do remember there being two blue wires in the factory harness to connect to the single blue coming from the deck.

You wouldn't even be aware of this issue if the amps were bypassed though. The way I did it is by making jumper wires to stick in to the factory plugs to the same effect but without cutting the truck's harness.

Edited by silverton