95 pathy tire carrier fitted on r50's?

deltaR50

Theexbrit apparently tried to make to make a WD tire swing work, i offered to send him a junkyard swing from one my yards up here, they aren't particularly hard to find in the northwest (apparently :shrug: ) .

But keep in mind, its more than just the swing that is attached to the car. Its all of the support brackets and hardware behind the passenger tail light that makes that swing work, i have no idea exactly what is back there but its alot of parts that are going to be needed,

I want what you want, updated pathy with a tire swing, happily my starting platform is one that came from the factory with a tire swing, so the rest is just bumper and lights. but going the other way, you're talking a whole quarter panel swap, you're better off buying the swing away bumpers from TAG.

-Kyle

EDIT: Thorpe is right though, tire swings were only featured on highly equipped first gen R50's between 96-97, so they are definitely getting hard to find , but not impossible, i'm starting to think it was a regional thing, because alot of people say they NEVER see factory tire swings, and i see them enough to think otherwise, at-least around here...

Edited by ferrariowner123

I looked into this a while ago as in NZ pathfinders sold new didn't have the gate, but we get a lot of imported ones from japan (called terranos) which all have the tire gate. I came to the same conclusion- too hard as there is a lot to change in the quarter panel. My new plan is to bastardize an early 90's jeep cherokee gate as they are mounted on the rear bumper rather than the body.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

fuuuu. i see them all the time here in oakland when i drive around with my work truck. im just waiting for someone to send their trucks to our local junkyard so i can snatch them lol.