Plug choices

Was wondering about wires too? Is there any one that does better than the rest? I've got one that I'm going to tune-up here in a few week & would like any input.

Thought it would go well in this thread

Most people would say to stick with OEM or NGK, I have NGK on my Nissan Sentra and they are good, same size as stock, numbered, and have the wire loom on where it's supposed to be, you can get the plugs or wires from rockauto.com and there is a code in this thread for 5% off, once you order from them they will start e-mailing you a new code, anyone can use it.

If you happen to want OEM parts, contact Rob, he works at a Nissan Dealer out of Texas and can get you OEM parts at discounted prices, just ask him in this thread and he will get back to you:

Rob - http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/18653-genuine-nissan-parts/page-45?do=findComment&comment=704603

Factory plugs for your truck are NGK double platinum. Yes they cost $70~$80 for a set but they last 100k miles. You can buy a set of NGK V-power for ~$30 but they only last 30k miles...

guess what, $30 @ 30k X 3 plug changes = $90 @ 90k miles. so in the long run you save some time and $$ if you just use the factory double platinum plugs.

Another thing to consider, The double platinum offers greater ignitablity and reliable spark because of is small platinum electrode and small platinum patch under the ground strap. So even near the end of your plugs life it still delivers a strong spark.

Yes people will always argue "copper plugs provide greater spark because copper has the lowest electrical resistance" I've seen it on a million forums BUT what the fail to realize is that "copper" plugs have steel electrodes, only the core is copper. And for that matter, Platinum pugs (platinum electrodes) also have copper cores. And platinum is a better conductor than steel.
So the time old argument of "copper" vs Platinum or "copper vs Iridium is actually an argument of Steel vs Platinum or Steel vs Iridium.

• Like 1

I like to use these wires. They are like factory fitment and very well made. I have yet to replace a set in any of my vehicles so I can't tell you how long they last, but it should be quite a long time...

http://www.karlynsti.com/Folders/catalog.htm

B

I'm running a set of those right now. Really gotta push on the boots to get them to click onto the plug but at least you know they have a good grip once they are on.

#2 & 4 are stiff boots so its not as hard to get them to click on.

So far, they seem pretty good but I only have ~7k miles on them.