Did search, speedo off quite a bit.

MadMav

Sorry this is my first post, but just picked up a '92 Pathfinder for my son. Working through the small issues with it now. One is the speedo is way off. Appears, the tires are stock size, but the speedo reads about 45 when it's going 55, and 67mph when it is going 55. Any hints as to what it might be? I did hear the dash might be from another truck(guessing they meant different cluster). Might this have something to do with it? Thank you,

Maverick

What size tires are on it? What size does the driver's door plate say?

For that year, the speedo is cable driven and there are different gears that can be changed.

Here, this should get you started...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/28934-speedo-gear/?hl=%2Bspeedo+%2Bgear

B

I'm guessing your tires aren't as stock as you thought they were. My guess is that you have something in the 215/60(75) or so range on an SE-V6 which came stock with 31x10.50

At any rate, something way too small as your speedometer is reading extremely slow.

Edited by silverton

Or the gear on the transfer case end of the cable was possibly switched (who knows what repairs a previous owned has made). I swear there was talk somwwhere around here with a breakdown for the tooth count/tire size on the gear, I honestly ain't in the mood to hunt at the moment though. I may look later :lol:

If it's a cable driven speedometer it could also be off at the speedometer itself, not likely as you have to take the speedometer completely out of the cluster to mess it up.

I also can explain how to calibrate the speedo at the speedometer itself if needed.

If it's a cable driven speedometer it could also be off at the speedometer itself, not likely as you have to take the speedometer completely out of the cluster to mess it up.

I also can explain how to calibrate the speedo at the speedometer itself if needed.

that info would be awesom just to have if you can post it.

Or the gear on the transfer case end of the cable was possibly switched (who knows what repairs a previous owned has made). I swear there was talk somwwhere around here with a breakdown for the tooth count/tire size on the gear, I honestly ain't in the mood to hunt at the moment though. I may look later :lol:

THERE IS!

that info would be awesom just to have if you can post it.

Follow the link B posted. There is a breakdown of tire size and gear ratio for each size speedo gear on post #6 This should get you close but acutual tires sizes also vary up to an inch from their labled size.