Name that tire....

ezlife

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well some of these are vague guesses but the first one is a dunlop something. 2. bf goodrich all terrain TA. 3. Dick Cepek Mud Countries. 4. Bf goodrich mud terrain TA. 5. Good year all terrain 1971? lol

I love mine!

Silverton I would love these on my pathfinder. His truck weighs over 6000 pounds and these things carry that weight on 18 pounds. I always joke about his truck is going forward or down, either way those tires are digging.

Well I'm horrible at this game then cause you sent a picture of your old hard body with the side view of the tire, ( number 4) lol. No worries on taking over the thread, I was hoping it would be fun for everyone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Silverton I would love these on my pathfinder. His truck weighs over 6000 pounds and these things carry that weight on 18 pounds. I always joke about his truck is going forward or down, either way those tires are digging.

I have them in the 33x10.50 flavor, truck weighs about 4500 and I always air down to ~15psi when wheeling. And I can relate to forward or down! ;) haha.

OK since no one got the remaining tires or no one cares, the first tire is a Yokohama Mud Digger ( very soft tread blocks, digs down very easily in soft sand, wears out fast, had them on my 87 hardbody for a while), the second is a Yokohama Super Digger and the last one is an early Firestone ATX ( my 87 hardbody came stock with them)

Yokahama!!!!! I always forget about them. Well it was a fun game for awhile. Maybe after the holidays it will pick up again.

Yea a long time ago when 16 inch low profile tires were cool I used to buy yokohamas. They were cheaper and i got almost the same mileage as a name brand. Hardbody did you check the pic i posted of the ac line?

Seems like a fun thread! I am so out of touch with the new tread designs it helps me learn some too.... I was gonna spring for some BFG ATs but decided I would wait until I go to 33s and that wont happen until I get Thorleys, exhaust, etc. so I found these. They were a good deal and I kinda like to side bite wedges. Anybody seen these yet? I see them advertised a lot lately in my area...

IMG_8609_zps41ff7319.jpg

That first one, the Yokohama Mud Digger looks like it were inspired by Tetris, and I thought the 2nd one, the Super Digger, was a General Grabber AT.

The Mud Diggers tread blocks were so soft you could move them by pushing on them !! I used to always think AT's were better in the soft sand until the manager at the truck shop where I used to work told me how good his Mud terrains were in the sand, after that I only ran MT's ( mostly BFG except for the Bridgestone MT's I bought when I lived in FL the first time), the Mud Diggers definitely did not float in the soft sand like the other MT's did, they wanted to live up to their name and dig, and they sure did, I could feel the truck straining when I drove on the beach back home with them !!!