Bumpers!

jhamelin819

alright, im frustrated lookin for bumper ideas, if anyone knows of any good bumper ideas, or bumpers made for other vehicles that will fit r50's with minimal modifications, please let me know.

all im really looking for is a decent steel crawling/off road bumper.

--- josh

The bumpers built for R50s can be expensive, from what I've seen. I'm truly glad the PO had already put one on mine. B)

However, I would prefer to have had the winch mount through the top instead of behind the bumper.

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4

where is a good place to relocate it too??

Under put a smaller tank under the passenger headlight, the pics, etc are on my thread........ I don't mean to start a fight or anything & this 4x4 group is not the correct forum for this, but as a professional pest control operator I feel I must help to stop the misconceptions & hysteria regarding Brown Recluse spiders. This is a great article from UC Riverside, one of the foremost entomology institutions in California & indeed, the nation...... http://spiders.ucr.ed...­

and how do you flare out the ends?

At the bend where the ends of the bumper fold back towards the rear of the truck you have to make a small cut at the top & bottom, then bend the bumper end out a little. Then you can fill the cut with weld or Epoxy or something. Again, there's photos on the thread mentioned above.

Mine cost less than $400 I think & it's just modding the brackets plus the ends have to be "flared out" a little. It's relocating the washer bottle that's the real PITA!! :laugh: :laugh:

Besides being too long and have to be cut short do the xj bumper mounts line up (width and spacing wise) with the Pathy's frame where the stock bumper mounts? That would be a great coincidence.

• Like 1

well, only time i will ever say this, but thank you jeep for helping out a pathfinder owner

Hey, they did kinda make us wd21 people a nice set of rear coils too... They ain't totally useless :lol:
  • Like 1

If you're talking about the prop shaft that goes from the transfer case to the front diff, it's just a regular grease nipple. I just used a standard grease gun on mine, maybe the nipple is blocked or banged up. Try installing a new one, they just unscrew. :shrug: