hello new to nissan

befries

hello there my names blake love my Nissan/Toyotas just traded my 86 4runner for a 97 pathfinder, shes got 241k on her still going strong, dont plan on wheeling it to much more of a good family rig, but will probably have to just to see which is better the toy or pathy idk time will tell. hopefully this site is a bit more welcoming the toyota forums are all full of bashing jerks so if thats you please dont reply lol.

hopefully this site is a bit more welcoming the toyota forums are all full of bashing jerks.

Seems like it goes hand in hand :shrug::lol:

The only mean comment I have seen is when someone didn't upload any pictures, we love pictures.

Anyways welcome! Hopefully you enjoy the switch over to nissan and I'm curious to see how you compare yota and nissan!

:welcome:

I had a Toyota truck once, a 91 or so. Got over that pretty quick :lol: . Welcome aboard...I'm not as familiar with the R50 as I have always had WD21s but they are all good rigs and just keep on going.

Howdy Bud, welcome to NPORA, especially from the dark side... :lol:

While this is a public forum so it can't be perfect and you have to wear a skin, we frown on anything overt, attacking, etc and take steps. Most poeple find it acceptable...

The R50s are good, reliable SUVs either mild or wild, meaning just a set of tires will make them go a lot of places, and things like lift kits are easily done as well. It doesn't have to be SASed to be capable.

B

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, the closest I came to Toyota was a corolla back in my day of being broke, all I could afford. But I will say a 3tc engine is bullet proof even if the rest wasn't. You will love this site, very informative from coast to coast and all parts known. I learned more about the pathfinder in 3wks on here than I did reading the shop manual.....oh yeah we LOVE pictures lots and lots...

• 3 months later...

Got that picture up lol, main reason why I did the switch, I didn't want the 4runner when I first bought it, (no R50 for sale at the time) but long story short was a 86 runner 22re, great truck, minus having to literally replace the motor 4x in 4yrs, had it "built" at motor works in Spokane Washington, NEVER GO THERE, also the Nissan is a much better family wheeler/daily,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Welcome my brother! Nice to see you switch to the Nissan family!

Sent from my Q7 using Tapatalk

Do I see a family resemblance?

Welcome to NPORA !

We had ( my wife anyway) a 88 Toyota extra cab 4x4 way back, V6, 4" trailmaster suspension on 33's, it was a good truck just smaller compared to my 87 Hardbody. One of the things the Toyota had over my Nissan was when we went four wheeling we would drive over the same hills and trails and when we got back onto the road my steering linkage would be bent and her's wasn't !!

Don't want to go too off topic on your thread but here is a pic of the toy:

31276e9.jpg