Replacing an Antenna

Easy104

Ok so when i got my pathfinder it came without a radio antenna so it doesnt get very good reception. Today i bought a little rubber antenna that i would like to put in the same place as the original antenna. How would i do this. Do i need to take off the plastic part off that is around the wheel?

Mostly you'll brake it off. Thats what I had to do with 2 of them while replacing the right fender. I ended up mounting it lower down in the fender and making a rubber grommet to fill in the hole.

you can kinda see it in this photo

roofrack_zpsda3e0285.jpg

It sits behind the fender and mounts to the uni-body itself. To which the antenna cable will find its way through, with a grommet. So, I'd take the wheel off to get super easy access, and then gently pop and release the inner fender liner. I've got some pictures if you want?

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

I guess if you were converting from a powered one to a fixed mast? I have no idea. Either way, OP, judging from what you said, it should be easy-peasy: just screw off the old one, and screw the new one on.

because up here in da Nort and the road salt thing and with the nut and the mast being two dis-similar metals through galvanic action they seize together.

Ah yes the great frozen North, king of chemical destruction hahaha

Well I guess I should revise my statement: depending on where you live, it can be a vary easy job.

I thought the antenna should get as close our higher than the roof of The vehicle for good reception. The euro/plastic stubby antennas ate usually found on the top of The car (euro), right? :huh:

My power antenna is also broken and sits below my roof level and at certain areas my reception gets a little static

Sent from the Nexus4

Edited by Qx4donald

I fixed my stock power antenna a short time after getting the truck. It was fairly simple, all I did was open the case and swap out the mast. It's worked pretty well since, but then it worked alright before too, and also there's jack all on the radio around here.

Getting to the antenna was a PITA, though.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

I fixed my stock power antenna a short time after getting the truck. It was fairly simple, all I did was open the case and swap out the mast. It's worked pretty well since, but then it worked alright before too, and also there's jack all on the radio around here.

Getting to the antenna was a PITA, though.

this is what I did for my old maxima with power antenna.

Where did you go for the mast and what was the part number? Thanks in advance.

Sent from the Nexus4

Are there any non power antennas? The cheap design of them bends off road. So I was just gonna get a regular

I have a fixed mast on mine. I bought a euro style one on Amazon and it works excellently. Any time a branch hits it, it just bends out of the way. $12 well spent