Rear Tire Carrier....is there a weight limit?

An updated R50 with a swing away, man you Canadians get all the good stuff!!

:wtf:

Ahh, i ask because i had a good laugh when my 31" was installed, so anything bigger would be comical, :lmao:

:lol:

Rust is not the good stuff haha... and mine's a 2000, so essentially its a 1999 with the 2001 body. I think 2000 is also the last year with the tire swing carrier.

Edited by dududuckling

Rust is not the good stuff haha... and mine's a 2000, so essentially its a 1999 with the 2001 body. I think 2000 is also the last year with the tire swing carrier.

Still convinced it's a Canadian thing, the oldest tire swing model I've seen in the states is a, 97.

But I hope to have what you've got in terms of body with a conversion soon.

-Kyle

• 8 months later...

Update after returning from a hiatus:

My "door open" light comes on at takeoff. I think the weight of the tire is taking it's toll.

I'm looking for good ideas for a rear bumper fabrication this summer.

I bought a house, so once the garage is in working order the Pathy will return to active status! :)

Custom bumper/carrier will probably work better anyway. :)

Until then, you can take the rubber boot off the tire carrier switch, cut a little rubber circle from a scrap of something, stick that in the rubber boot, the put the switch back in (assuming that switch is the same design as the WD21). It presses the plunger a little further so the light doesn't flicker. I did this on my '95 when the switch started to wear out and flicker on bumps.

• Like 1

Custom bumper/carrier will probably work better anyway. :)

Until then, you can take the rubber boot off the tire carrier switch, cut a little rubber circle from a scrap of something, stick that in the rubber boot, the put the switch back in (assuming that switch is the same design as the WD21). It presses the plunger a little further so the light doesn't flicker. I did this on my '95 when the switch started to wear out and flicker on bumps.

Exactly what I did. I also put a new switch in as the old one was shorting out. Never had an issue with the light since, even over rough terrain. 'Course, taking the bulb out works as well :laugh:

Hey Jeff, wondered where you've been bro. We hit that trail again in Anza that has the Piepkorn slot, that's the one where your group went when we split up on the SCORE trip. We all went down the hill to the left as the side of the hill you guys went down is all messed up now.

highres_364819462_zps1dd59aa8.jpeg

Edited by theexbrit

Bought a house. House hunting takes alot of time in this market. Stable now and things are looking great!

Going to be troubleshooting electrical. Battery dies...both...if I don't drive ot for a week. That's for another thread though.

Maxima alt is the popular upgrade I believe. Check your Tmax install, it should isolate the batteries from each other so even if one goes dead the other shouldn't. Bad ground?

Edited by theexbrit