Engine Pictures for Information and Comparison

bulletsforringo

One of the reasons why I love NPORA so much is because it is loaded with useful information. So, keeping with that I wanted to start a thread that consists of VG30E engine pictures so that all of us can compare and contrast our rigs- along the way perhaps gaining some information we wouldn't have stumbled upon otherwise.

The majority of us here have rigs that were previously owned and abused and we as the current owners are left to piece together everything that the PO/s tore apart. Looking under my own hood I am often left wondering: what is this? or what goes here? My hopes are that this thread might provide the community with some answers to these un/common questions (especially for those like myself that are new mechanics).

Starting this thread on a whim at work, I will post a picture of my engine after I get off of work.

Post as many pictures as you can- there is no such thing as too much information!

Is this thread for the VG30E only or other variants also. I like the idea, it keeps people from having to make a new post requesting photos or diagrams. Maybe there could be a forum topic for each engine?

Is this thread for the VG30E only or other variants also. I like the idea, it keeps people from having to make a new post requesting photos or diagrams. Maybe there could be a forum topic for each engine?

It probably would be best to only post pictures of VG30E engines on this thread- a thread dedicated to each model would be excellent and it would help lessen any confusion that might arise otherwise. I like to follow the Keep It Simple Stupid system- hasn't failed me yet!

If B or one of the other mods can add "- VG30e" to the title of this thread so that we may differentiate between the different threads that'd be most helpful. I couldn't find a way to do it myself otherwise I would have already.

Here are a few of my JDM VG30E:

2h6dnrt.jpg

2eplpco.jpg

Here is a good link to Nissanut's web site when he swapped in the VG33, lot's of pics and comparison pics between the VG30 and VG33 parts:

http://nissannut.com/maintenance/vg33e_upgrade/

Did you trim the resonator that usually extends above the fan? If so, how is that working out for you? I have been thinking about doing the same until I can put in an aftermarket intake.

I only added that site because he has a lot of pics showing the VG30E that he removed.

No worries, like I said there is no such thing as too much information! And there are quite a few useful pictures on there- reminds me of a VG30e autopsy or something.

Here are a few of mine.

Engine bay. Here's what's not original: spray-painted hood insulation, missing plastic cover from the distributor, headlight relays hanging off the mending strap on the front battery hold-down post, yellow wire with the brake lines for the driving lights, extra wires off the + terminal, and the hood alarm switch wires. There's also an empty plug behind the EGR where the alarm siren used to hook up.

P1010001_zps768d403b.jpg

Close up of the EGR setup with its vac lines. The grey line is a temporary replacement. There are two valves, one of which you can sort of see behind the first one. I think I remember reading that the the 94/95 have the two valves (EGR and EGR-BPT) like this, as do the California MPFI Pathies, but pre-94 trucks in other states only have the one valve at the back. (?)

P1010005_zps2967f933.jpg

Positive terminal, with fuse links etc. The orange and bright green wires are part of my relayed headlights and driving lights (not stock).

P1010002-14_zpsadd49f1f.jpg

The fuse link behind the battery:

P1010003-18_zps40a93017.jpg

And so long as we're posting pics, here's most of page EF&EC-4 from the 1995 FSM to tell us what we're looking at.

Picture12_zpsa5927779.png

Edited by Slartibartfast

my new JDM engine after it was installed I was getting a code turned out it didn't have that temp sensor, I had to take it from the old engine than remove the jumper in the connector and it plugged right in.

Sorry back on topic, have this deleted if you want

Edited by ahardb0dy