Aftermarket roof bike rack options?

iPath

So I'd like to be able to transport my road bike on the factory roof rack, using something that attaches to it. I found these:

http://www.yakima.com/fit/Mounts?configId=26403&ConfiguratorType=Yakima&returnPath=%2FFit%2FBaseRacks%2F%3Fmake%3DNissan%26modelId%3D835%26year%3D2004%26factoryId%3D8%26hitch%3D0%26bikes%3D1%26skis%3D0%26flatwaters%3D0%26cargo%3D0%26carryPlace%3DTop%26ConfiguratorType%3DYakima%26dealerRedirectUrl%3D

Does anyone have experience with them, or know of any cheaper alternative? Thanks!

as a guy who works in a bike shop, I sell stuff like this everyday.

Yakima, Thule, Sport Rack , they are all mostly the same quality. If you have the factory cross bars then expect a little over a hundred dollars per rack. if not then you'll have to factor in a roof rack as well.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I would recommend any rack that you don't have to remove the front wheel. You would be surprised how many people put their bike on the roof lean the front wheel against the car and then drive off, either running over the wheel or leaving it behind.

• 3 weeks later...