Guess who's back?

calibeater

Dang it, I dont get it. I even read the pinned thread on posting pics and Im doing it just like it said lol, maybe the pics are too big?? but here is some links for just some of the weekends stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfg9277gp4rqdgw/IMAG0247.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nusjrz9hs1w69xi/IMAG0248.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcdhzkmwcdhwvu6/IMAG0249.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr1r0aild8v4r6a/IMAG0251.jpg

Right?? I got it up on the rack and was just thinkin how itll be even bigger if i ever put a doubler on it lol. Oh so last night i changed all my fluids and welded on a magnaflow muffler, sounds much better. Now back in high school when i had my first pathfinder i would have told you it was too quiet and i would rather have my super 40 flowmaster, but now that im trying to keep it low key I really like it.

/>Dang it, I dont get it. I even read the pinned thread on posting pics and Im doing it just like it said lol, maybe the pics are too big?? but here is some links for just some of the weekends stuff.

I don't think Dropbox provides a link directly to the pic, just the page w/the pic.

/>God Damn! Even the Manual trans in these is massive.

Your not kidding, when I changed my clutch I wrestled that beast around in a dirt sad mix laying on cardboard. What a dream that lift & shop would have been!

/>Right?? I got it up on the rack and was just thinkin how itll be even bigger if i ever put a doubler on it lol. Oh so last night i changed all my fluids and welded on a magnaflow muffler, sounds much better. Now back in high school when i had my first pathfinder i would have told you it was too quiet and i would rather have my super 40 flowmaster, but now that im trying to keep it low key I really like it.

Right there with ya on the low key... Although I have never been a poker of the loud exhaust.

lol yea, ive always been one of those guys that has top work in the dirt but my buddy is a mechanic and through him ive become friends with the owner and he lets me use the shop when i need to. I still do plenty of work in the dirt since my driveway is dirt but for big jobs, I go to the shop and throw it on a lift. So now she is driving and running pretty good, sounding pretty good, so next on my list is change the stereo and soem interior things, put my cb in it, and then I can start with my sliders and bumper. going to try and keep things simple on this one since its going to be driven a lot of miles. I should prob start a build thread lol, i just havent yet since i know that itll prob be a slow process, but i prob will, after i start a new photo album that i can post pics proper ha ha

then I can start with my sliders and bumper. going to try and keep things simple on this one since its going to be driven a lot of miles.

That makes sense to me. :aok:

Your not kidding, when I changed my clutch I wrestled that beast around in a dirt sad mix laying on cardboard. What a dream that lift & shop would have been!

I recommend that you have a hard slab to do it on, preferably in a garage as you will be there a while...

I don't consider a lift option as I don't have access to/don't do enough mechanic work to justify my own. :shrug:

The tranny in a Mazda 323 I just held on to and lowered it to the ground, the tranny in the pathfinder made me go rent a jack! ;)

B

I recommend that you have a hard slab to do it on, preferably in a garage as you will be there a while...

I don't consider a lift option as I don't have access to/don't do enough mechanic work to justify my own. :shrug:

The tranny in a Mazda 323 I just held on to and lowered it to the ground, the tranny in the pathfinder made me go rent a jack! ;)

B

Oh yeah I agree, that was when a spring retainer broke in the clutch disk. When I swapped the trans a couple years ago I did it on a concrete garage floor with a 6ton floor jack and trans adapter. :aok:

Yea, i can see this being a much tougher job on the floor. The last trans I swapped was on my yota and i used a engine hoist with a chain through the shifter hole to lift or lower my trans. I should have taken pics of that lol, worked pretty amazing.

Just gotta be careful \/\/\/ ;)

well today just sucked...i forgot to put the back plate on so after getting the clutch flywheel and tranny under the car i realized it so i had to take it all back off and put it all back on...

then i tried my engine hoist idea which was freakin awsome and everything was lined up except i couldnt get the shaft splines to match up and slide all the way in so i was maneuvering it under the truck and keep in mind i told myself dont move the hoist too much or it'll get close to the windshield and this will be bad...well it got close and somehow or another it released some pressure and sure enough the end of the hoist breaks my front glass...so in the process of slinging everything in the garage i busted an air hose luckly i have another 1...so tomorrow im going to go buy a transmission jack windshield and the rest of my parts and hopefully be done with my truck...

i'll post pics of the day later on sometime after i cool off and take them off the camera

but till then football and -alcohol-

Ha ha yea, when i was doing it I saw that there was a possibility of that if I wasnt careful and took me a sec to find that sweet spot but if you dont have a jack to go high enough, its another option lol. Oh this weekend I threw on some shocks, I happened to luck out, one buddy had some new pro comp rears that just happened to be the right size for my rear, and another buddy had a set of used bilsteins that still were in good shape that fit my front, so I threw them on and rides pretty decent lol

I took them off my 84 yota but they are just some aftermarket alum wheels that i painted. im going to repaint them one of these days when i paint my pathy, which should be within the next month or so. And i just used a 2" center in/center out magnaflow muffler, not sure the model number but I will say, works just like i wanted, Its got a nice rumble at idle and up to about 2k, but then isnt super loud after that. I wanted a little more rumble but I didnt want to draw a lot of attention to me and it seems to be pretty spot on. Ive run a super 40 flowmaster on my last one and it sounded good, but was just pretty loud so I decided to try magnaflow. Its a straight through design so you can see right through it but you would be amazed at how much it quiets it down lol